slug.com slug.com

1 3

This time of the year is known to be happy and joyous for some, while being rather sad and painful for others. Today marked the fifteen year anniversary of my father's passing suddenly at age 63 from a heart attack he suffered while at work. Oddly enough also on this date, a year ago I suffered what could have turned into a lethal episode of hypoglycemia, but thankfully someone was around to assist me when otherwise I'd usually have been home by myself.

As if the anniversary of my father's death didn't make the day gloomy enough, just got word a close family friend is fighting for his life after getting sick with Delta variant. His name is John, and to make things worse John is no youngster, he turned 70 a few months back. He lost consciousness now and is on a ventilator, his family believes he most likely won't make it through. Whatever your views may be in regards to Covid or vaccinations (John was not vaccinated nor wore a mask), something out there whatever it is you want to call it is making alot of people seriously ill and dying, and guess it's one of those things in life that you don't realize just how serious it is until either you or a family member experience such directly. I'm to a point where I distrust both sides of the political aisle, they both lie in order to advance their respective agendas. Can't say I believe the "official" statistics, but at the same time cannot deny what my eyes have seen or what other trusted individuals had shared with me, including a nurse at my local hospital.

Anyways, I digress, this time of year can be depressing, and knowing how the times have changed not for the better makes things appear at times to be even more depressing.

SpikeTalon 10 Dec 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These days will pass and better days will be appreciated. Hopefully your friend will make it through o.k.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:297748
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.