slug.com slug.com

2 2

In the state of Illinois, rural, Republican-voting districts get the best return on their tax dollar ($2.81, compared to $0.90 in Cook (incl. Chicago) and $0.53 in the collar counties) but still feel they're not getting their fair share. What's the best way to measure that? Spending per tax dollar, per capita spending, per square mile spending, some measure of equity, or some measure where certain demographics are weighted higher?

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's because those rural folk are paying more in taxes. Those jobless tribals in the inner city don't pay any at all

No, as I wrote above, they get $2.81 for every $1.00 they pay in taxes. City-dwellers get less than they put in.

@WilyRickWiles could you cite a source? I would like to investigate further. Maybe it is from extra taxes due to living in the city?

@The_Farseer It's from the state's flat 4.95% income tax (EDIT: It looks at the 6.25% state sales tax and lottery sales too). [opensiuc.lib.siu.edu]

How is this a "Hello"? Lol! XD

Hmmm... thought I chose "Politics," though I guess it still qualified as "General." Fixed now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29845
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.