slug.com slug.com

12 2

Does FOX news seem like FAKE news now? Why or why not?

2FollowHim 8 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, not at all.
If anything their actual news reporting errors on the other side.
Where else do you find reporting were not only do they give your the fact. Tell you what they think about them. Then report with evidence what the other side is saying?

CNN and MSNBC at least I can report. I have watched the actual event they reported on.
Then I have watched how they report on it. ( Two different experiences for sure)
Then I have watched fox and other reporting. Tim Cast ect.
Fox is accurate.
Notice I did not say. They are not biased. They most certainly are biased.
I am ok with that. Just be honest about it.
CNN is not honest.
MSNBC is honest about their bias. Not honest with their reporting.

It depends.

If you consider yourself a minority, are female, are progressive, and/or are registered as Democrat, then it's likely you consider FOX News to be extremely biased in its coverage or even "fake news" -- possibly the only "fake news" mainstream media outlet.

If you're a white male, conservative (or libertarian or classical liberal), and/or registered as Republican, then FOX News is likely the only mainstream media outlet providing a perspective you prefer or are comfortable with. (Numerous studies show that FOX News is basically the only mainstream media outlet where you'll get a "conservative" perspective -- "the rest of the story." )

Media Bias 101: What Journalists Really Think -- and What the Public Thinks About Them (https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101)

Political Polarization & Media Habits (https://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/political-polarization-media-habits/)

Here is the thing. With as many entities gunning for FOX as there are.
If they were wrong. I.E. Telling a lie.
It would be exposed in a millisecond. Literally
The fact that you never see that tells you everything.
The only thing they ever say is in general non-specific terms.
If they were doing it wrong. You would get detailed specifics and demands for retraction.

I have not seen any glaring examples of Fake News from Fox. I define Fake News as deliberate misquoting, mischaracterization, misrepresentation of individuals, or the complete fabrication of news stories.
I am reminded of the old joke: If President Trump had walked across the water of the Potomac River to save a drowning child, CNN would lead with the Headline "President Trump Can't Swim. That's pure partisan Spin and I believe all the networks are guilty of it to some degree or another. Fox has many opinion shows that have a declared bias.
So many of the News companies are claiming no bias, yet it is apparent to anyone who can see with intellectual humility and honesty.
Look at the Harvard studies on media Bias.
[cyber.harvard.edu]

[www8.gsb.columbia.edu]

Source:

Partisanship, Propaganda, and Disinformation: Online Media and the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

Yes I believe so . Enless your involved or actually know what's going on otherwise yes I believe it's fake also

My take is that Fox News is a member of the somewhat fake news groups. It has it bias and it not exactly neutral. So I may visit them from me to time but I do not depend upon them for news.

Bias is ok. I would not expect anyone to be able to hide their own feeling.
Bias is not fake though.
Fake is when a story has been purposely misrepresented to paint a narrative.
Fox has never done that. if they had. You would know. They are the only MSM on the right.
Every one would attack them instantly and demand a retraction.

Fox has done that many many times to other mainstream media outlets like the New York Times, CNN.
But since they are a single voice. It does not carry far.
If Fox makes a mistake. It gets exposed. Then picked up by all of the others and gets drummed.
The fact you're not being drummed 24-7 tells you fox is correct.

@Coz2215 The news media is entertainment, pure and simple. Yes, journalism schools try to tell us that the "professionals" are seeking the truth, but the reality is, truth doesn't pay the bills. What news "stories" (note how we bias news reporting by clling them stories) are selected are the result of keeping the ratings high, that is, keeping watching and thus earn our advertising revenus. How a news item is presented, the language used, the introduction and the body and the conclusion all have an element of bias. How panel discussion questions are picked and frame determine how much bias will be presented.

Does Fox do a better job keeping their bias lower that the other mainstream media? Yes, but there many times it will not cover news items that many individual believe shold be given attention. The news media are the gatekeepers of news items and when they fail to do their job the public tends to go elsewhere. For me, I seldom watch Fox or any of the others. I have two dozen or so sites that vary in their independence, their particular bias, and what they deem news worthy.

If you like Fox, then fine, watch it and enjoy your decision.

IMHO Fox News content is about 80% editorial/opinion commentary slanted Right center (and they do not pretend otherwise), 15% discussion panels with Left and Right equally represented (what other "news" outlets do that?) and 5% delivery of hard news. If anyone out there can give examples of Fox News giving "fake" stories please cite them - a link to the source would be helpful. I do know there have been several times a Fox News host made live, on air retractions with an apologetic explanation for what was said or shown...has CNN or MSNBC or ABC or NBC or ....have any of those outlets ever done that? Sincerely wondering about that.

I'm glad you asked. One of the latest on Julian Assange is heartless. Speakers laughing, having a great time at the plight of someone imprisoned (couldn't leave for SEVEN YEARS. No interest or comment at the indignity they treated this now very worn out old man, not in years but in abuse. I used fake bcuz they were fake, uncaring. I've watched horrible Muslim terrorists or White Supremacist murderers treated better. Julian reported what he was sent. His stuff was later proven accurate. Now, it's true we only have his word it wasn't him. He needed some proof. The elite crime families are untouchables. Even Trump dares not.

this is NOT an example of "fake" news. @2FollowHim

@2FollowHim I have not seen the discussion on Fox News to which you are referring. What you are doing is Fake News. Assange was not imprisoned; he was a fugitive from a warrant in a self-imposed exile. Then you say he is an Old Man, which he is not, he is forty-seven. Even though you say it's old from abuse, that's not a thing. If it were, President Trump would be as old as Methuselah.
Newscasters are fake all the time when they laugh at each other's jokes and make light of serious things. This is not what Fake News is referring. Fake news is the deliberate misquoting and mischaracterization of someone's words or outright fabrication of stories.

Fox News is tailored for Republicans but imagine how stupid we would all be if we just listened to the other 90% of Democratic fake news organizations. CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, HLN, BBC, BLOOMBERG, NPR, ALL NY NEWS PAPERS, WALL ST.J. . . And on and on and on. ZOMBIES without Fox.

I don't own a TV, so I don't watch much news. From an outside perspective, Fox does seem more reliable than CNN, MSNBC or the other parrots. However, Fox also has the same infotainment format and is silent about many important news events in its coverage. They're just as condescending in the sense of not wanting to present their audience with something that requires or invokes deep thought.

I feel the head-to-head rightie vs. leftie segments aren't meant to do anything but present a little blood for the Colosseum crowd; they're not meant to solve anything, have a reasonable discussion about issues nor really even persuade anybody about anything. No matter which side of aisle you most identify with, you can claim your side got it's ounce of flesh from the other.

The idea that FOX news is conservative is a lie. They are not. They are still part of the MSM and are not our friends. Although I do love Tucker Carlson.

All MSM is run by the same people i don't watch any news for this reason. it's set to get us bickering over who is left or right, wrong or right on issues i refuse to play chess with these people.

I think you're RIGHT!! Thanks

@2FollowHim trust me on this one or you can reseach it but it is pretty clear.
Another interesting thing there is a world static's clock on thing's like crime, death from, and production slaughtered cow's all kinds of cool stuff great to use when debating.

All the cable network infotainment shows are slanted. FOX just slants the other direction. Watch them all, parse and decide for yourself what the truth is. None of them are going to give you the straight dope.

If its any news outlet is probably fake,

In an age of Headlines, and 30 second attention spans, No news outlet exists for any reason beyond click bait

Right

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29884
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.