slug.com slug.com

8 2

LINK WARNING: US Government ACTUALLY Preparing for EMP Event - YouTube

A great channel for anyone who can see what's coming.

Con-Can 5 Apr 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Something is coming!

Interesting. This is ONE variable. I, personally, think ANYTHING could happen and we need to be prepared for ANYTHING. I think we're going to be attacked from the Muslims or Illegals though. They've always hated us and they're in our government. I think that we need to come together to support each other. We need doctors, farmers, intellectuals to form a community. Not saying that an EMP couldn't be the cause though. Just need to be prepared for ANYTHING.

Remember the blackout i do very well!

Do we know for certain that an EMP large enough to shut down the power grid is real or is it a theory? Is there a way to create a large EMP other than detonating a very powerful explosion in the upper atmosphere? Shouldn't we be more concerned about hardening our power grid against terrestrial attacks? What about our water supply and Dams. What about transportation systems like bridges / highway overpasses and on - off ramps. Can you imagine what things would look like if maybe 15 or 20 strategically selected bridges were damaged beyond their utility? Does anyone think EMP is of greater threat than attacks on the things I've suggested?

Absolutely a greater threat. The others while still incredibly damaging and debilitating wouldn't grind civilization to a standstill and send us back to the dark ages nearly as fast as the grid going down would. There would be much higher likelihood of recovering and significantly fewer and faster casualties if the grid was still up. It'd be pretty hopeless in the dark.

There have already been limited grid failures due to CMEs in the continental US within the past few years, one in Quebec and one in Florida. Just a few weeks ago we had a moderately small CME, FB mysteriously experienced problems and Verizon experienced failures in the eastern states. Currently we are in a deep solar minimum, during solar minimums solar activity is very low due to the absence of sunspots. Despite this we currently (today) have a very large sunspot that is nearly facing the earth. Fortunately the sunspot hasn't developed into a major source of flares (see attached photo). This is the current state of the sunspot as of yesterday. However as we emerge from the minimum and into a maximum in a few years it is likely according to Plasma and Solar Scientists that we could see an unusually high rate of flaring. Bear in mind though that they can occur at anytime. In fact we have seen some dangerous flaring recently but fortunately they have been pointing to other areas of the solar system and not directly at earth.

The Armed forces have already been doing that

From the first nuclear bomb test they knew about EMP blasts, which trash electronics over a much greater area than the physical blast

Tanks, for example, still use tubes in their radios

BTW President Trump recently signed an Exectutive Order to form a panel that addresses this issue within the past month. I have been aware of the danger for several years. All military and Govt vehicles are fitted with devices that protect them from the electrical damage caused by EMPs and CMEs. I've done the same for my vehicle.

It will take decades and a concerted effort to protect our country from an EMP. We are more likely to suffer a grid failure from a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection/Solar Flare) like the Carrington event of 1859. Our magnestosphere is weaken and provides less protection from CMEs. CMEs like the Carrington Event occur about every 100 years and larger CMEs about every 600 years. We are overdue on both. If one occurs we will be in the dark ages for years. Anarchy will ensue because there will be little to no commerce, particularly food. Military vehicles are protected but most vehicles on the road will die. That means no escape for those in urban areas, no cell phones or communication. The SHTF scenario will take place. If you think this scenario is overstated do some research, it's real. The Govt is well aware of this and will not be able to do anything except protect itself. It is up to us to prepare for this ourselves.

So what's the best prep for that?
Shielded electronics and solar power?

@CodeNameZebra A generator and or solar panels protected with faraday cloth or cage. Each has it's own limitations; gasoline and power storage. Some people are going to gasifiers that run generators. Gasifiers can run on wood or other combustibles and run generators. To protect your vehicle you can use a devise that is like a surge protector for your car, a vehicle would be pretty important to get out of a city before marshal law was imposed or before the SHTF. I am sure with all the abandoned vehicles gasoline would be easy to come by. You would also need food and water. It's best to have a SHTF bug out plan in place. I live in L.A. so you can imagine what you have to deal with with 13 million people clawing at you for your food and stuff. The key is to be prepared and be able to react quickly. I believe a CME is the most likely scenario particularly because we are way overdue for one. Of course an EMP from North Korea or Iran is not a far fetch. Since I get daily updates on solar activity I would have a day or so to react. We can see sunspots forming and assess the severity of a solar flair when it occurs. From the moment a solar flair occurs to it reaching the earth is 24 to 48 hours before the highly charge particles would bombard the earth and damage the grid and electronics. If you know this ahead of time you pack your vehicle ASAP and head for your bug out destination. I have a plane in place, with over a years dried food for two people stored safely in a rural area at a friends place. There is only one road into this town and there is 3 law enforcement agencies; a Marshall, a Sheriff and a Police force, all in a town of about 10,000 people, in a red state where everyone is armed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30463
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.