slug.com slug.com

1 2

Fewer Than 1 in 6 Americans Want U.S. Soldiers in Any Ukraine-Russia War: Poll

Support for boots on the ground was low among Democrats, Republicans and no party/other respondents, but Republicans were more in favor of deploying troops than Democrats.
Just 12.6 percent of Democrats favored boots on the ground, compared to 16.4 percent of Republicans, while that figure was 18.1 percent for respondents who identified as no party or other.

Biden ruled out deploying U.S. troops to Ukraine in December and he didn't revisit the topic in comments this week. However, the president has said more U.S. troops will be deployed to NATO countries in Eastern Europe such as Poland and Romania if Russia invades. Ukraine is not a member of NATO.

Sounds awfully sticky for the world if a Russia-Ukraine war spills over into other parts of Europe.

[newsweek.com]

Garsco 8 Jan 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is good that people want less foreign adventurism. Sadly, they still support the crazy policies and things like UN and NATO that lead to said adventures.

What happens if the administration, UN, and NATO say “send troops” but the American people say no? Does anyone think the house will vote down war and keep the troops out? Congress can’t serve two master and I guarantee they don’t care about is the people they serve.

@Garsco I remember when people used to say country before party. Clearly those days are gone.

@RitBorg I am sad that I have to agree.

@RitBorg, @Garsco Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, the watchword of the wise. Goethe. We may see what happens when a bad politician tries to act like a leader.

@RitBorg I have no party, only country.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:306982
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.