slug.com slug.com

2 3

Trudeau backs down as Canadian Senate balks at confirming authoritarian Emergency Act

“The Prime Minister knew the Senate would not support him. He chose to back down rather than to admit defeat,” wrote conservative Senator Boisvenu in French.

[nationalpost.com]trudeau-set-to-revoke-emergencies-act?r

Garsco 8 Feb 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's more likely his "peeps" told him to back down. He doesn't have the intelligence to do something on his own.

I agree - he isn't the brightest. But he also exceeded his legal authority by unilaterally enacting the "emergency measures act".
The only problem now left unaddressed is what to do about it. IMHO it rises to the level of criminality and there should be strong consequences for his attempt to install himself as the dictator. He should be in prison awaiting trial, conviction and execution.

@iThink So far the opposition party, the Conservatives, have had a 10 point gain in popularity and they have no official leader, quite a feat eh. If this keeps going, Trudeau and his gang who are pulling the strings will soon be defeated in Parliament. I give him two to three months, he is beginning to look like a lame duck.

@Garsco I would not recommend holding of ones breath waiting for that to happen. someone else here (can't remember his name) made an excellent observation of Trudeaus pronouncement (it was NOT an announcement) - he said Trudeau was NOT backing down - He was pronouncing victory!
I think that analysis of Trudeaus address is spot on. Nowhere in his little talk does Trudeau express any contrition whatsoever. No regret, no apology, and particularly NO mention of the damage done.
Trudeau is NOT done - not by a longshot. Canadians still have a huge problem - and it will only get worse for as long as Trudeau and the rest of the communists remain dominant in Canadian politics.

@iThink I await the future.

@Garsco Politics in the North are not the same in the US, Trudeau has a minority government which is loosing favour quickly and can fall if there is a non confidence vote. My guess is that the Liberals have already contemplated replacing him before that happens, before there is another election.

@Garsco maybe - I'll bet you a soda pop the cases will not be thrown out of court. LOL - call me cynical or at least skeptical

@ScottforKing as we all must

Prime Minister Blackface is far too egotistical to admit to defeat at the hands of those who are strongly opposed to his tyrannical ways.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316897
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.