slug.com slug.com

1 1

Perhaps, given the profound crisis of meaning in the West and the gap in solidarity and social cohesion, we should not be surprised. Living under the conditions of rootlessness, spiritual emptiness, and angst, every crisis is an opportunity for mythopoesis. Tragedy is reborn, and we are easily enthralled by the periodic cycles of worship and hero-making. Our faith in the cult of expertise, meanwhile, blinds and lulls us to the potential dangers of such black and white thinking.
[unherd.com]

lawrenceblair 8 Mar 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember Reagan's formula for dealing with shady actors, "Trust, but verify." I will trust anyone who is willing to submit to verification. Anyone who claims to be the only and ultimate authority and therefor self verifying is automatically in my untrustworthy bucket.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:319518
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.