slug.com slug.com

5 0

LINK ‘Unplanned’ Is a Movie That Could Save Thousands of Lives

I'm conflicted.
Is killing someone who is killing thousands, even if the people being killed are legally not people, immoral? I know its illegal.
I'll put the extended trailer in the comments.

cRaZyTMG 7 Apr 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As always emotion clouds reason.

An unborn fetus is a potential human life.

By defining life and then asking is this murder/killing? you assume the answer to your question.

Abortion is the removal of unwanted cells, in much the way removal of a benign growth is a removal of unwanted cells. It is the decision of the owner of the body and no one else.

The real disagreement is not abortion but about what is considered human life. No matter who temporarily dominates the debate I simply cannot see that foetus as a human life, it just isn't.

I can also accept that many people do see that foetus as being a fully human life. The big difference is I do not want to dictate to anyone what they can do with their own body, the other side of the debate does want to control those who disagree with them.

I think as a human society we are going to have reach agreement that we will never all agree on this issue.

A reasonable position, but as you acknowledge, the fundamental issue is when does life begin. I don't see a fetus as part of the mother, it is part of the universe - a new part that deserves the same opportunities that you and I and the mother have. Look to my response to ciminey359 for more detailed thinking.

I'm a traditionalist on the subject. A child isn't even considered viable till at least a year. More importantly I find the idea that a woman is forced to bear her rapist's child abhorrent and believe she should be given a free abortion, but in the event she prefers to keep the child, allowed to strangle the rapist with the umbilical cord. As for more reasonable scenarios, if someone doesn't want to have a kid, you shouldn't force them to have one.

Anyone who argues with the "killing the unborn" kind of make me think that they would try to punish a man for masturbating or a woman for getting her period due to wasting perfectly good reproduction cells.

Now, if someone does decide keep the child no matter what, do they want to make sure the resources are there for the child? What if there is a massive health risk to the mother? What if the child has some birth defect that would kill it within a year or so of birth? What if the condom broke and despite the plan B (that nearly caused both involved to miss their rent), they neither want, nor can afford a child?

We have startling different notions of what is traditional.

Equating punishing masturbation or menstruation with opposing abortion is about as disingenuous as you can get. Conception is the point where a new life has begun. Jerk off all you want - I don't care.

I also have no issue with birth control but no birth control is guaranteed and you are taking a chance of creating life every time you have intercourse. Your choice occurs before conception can occur.

If you decide to roll the dice when 1) you don't have resources 2) the possibility of birth defect exists 3) your birth control might not work 3) you might not be able to pay your cellphone bill then you accept responsibility for what you did and do the best you can. That's what I expect.

ABORTION IS NOT A BIRTH CONTROL METHOD. IT IS MURDER. As my long dead father said when I asked him his position on abortion, "What part of 'Thou Shalt Not Kill Don't You Fucking Understand?'"

In the US one million abortions a year are performed. More black babies are aborted then are born. Very few are the result of rape - the one situation for which I have sympathy but even then, other than inconvenience of carrying the child to birth, other people can take care of it for you after birth.

Just to complete your list of excuses, If it comes down to the mother or the baby I will side with the mother. She has known more life than the child.

I don't want to ban abortion - I don't have any more right to enforce my belief on you than you do to force yours on me. I want people to realize what they are doing and to not want to kill their children. I don't want my taxes used to fund death. That's why a film like Unplanned is so important - to make people realize what they are doing.

And for the record, you are not a traditionalist vis a vie abortion, you are a post-modern narcissist that refuses to accept your responsibilities.

I want to see it as well as Gosnell. Abortion is murder but killing is not the solution here. We educate, lobby, organize and vote.

In my book killing the unborn is murder. An unborn child cannot scream for help, cannot try to escape the ABORTIONIST implements of death. The child's scream while being torn limb from limb cannot be heard. Yes, it is murder and should be seen as such.

Have you seen the movie?

@cRaZyTMG no, but several of my friend have. I have PTSD and can't handle having people around me in a theater setting where I can't see what they are doing.

@AZWoman I haven't seen it either - its not YET available in Canada (distribution monopolies). There is a Canadian group try to fix that but we may have to wait until after the election to find a supportive government. Government paid abortions are available for pretty much anyone in Canada - including 3rd trimester. Some doctors and some legacy Catholic run hospitals are in legal trouble for refusing to do them.

@cRaZyTMG guess we both wait for the dvd.

If you don't know about this movie, I think it should be required viewing in every middle school.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32331
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.