slug.com slug.com

3 0

Cloning of animals for human consumption

I read on a recent articke that a prehistoric horse was unearthed and liquid blood was drawn from it for cloning .
My question is,why isnt research veing done to ckone dairy cattle abd cattle fir slaughter, sheep,goats, and hogs?

Lindajailbird 4 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, on the plus side, only one animal has to die...

On the down side what is in that one animal now?

@Gerri4321 That's a bit like making sausage, I'm not sure you really want to know.

@jwhitten me as much as possible

@Gerri4321 There has been a lot of research and experimentation into the science of cloning-- so much in fact that the idea of 'cloning' itself is practically old-hat at this point. You might recall the much ballyhooed arrival of "Dolly the Sheep" from way back in the mid 1990's. Here is a web page that goes into more detail about "Dolly the Sheep" and animal cloning in general: [animalresearch.info].

I think the quick answer to your question is that they do clone other animals, have performed (are performing) research into the possibilities of "laboratory grown" food (meat) sources, but the present consensus is most likely to be that the old-fashioned methods are still the most productive and cost-effective at this point.

Do you have any specific questions about cloning or are you just looking for info in general?

@jwhitten not really but trusting of some people with my food source I make my own dog food lol

Here is a article that might answer your question, but I have many more questions other than why?

[fda.gov]

I believe it is since the 80's or so not sure how I came across it but I think I vegan website

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33400
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.