slug.com slug.com

2 1

The following offered up some reasonable points to back their position on the matter, and keep in mind HotAir is a division of RedState, which is a source that leans heavily to the right...

DOJ filing: Trump and his lawyers tried to hide the documents we wanted back-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are ignoring two relevant facts, 1) the President of the United States has plenary power to declassify anything he choses while in office and Trump signed an order that any document he takes to Mar-A-Lago is declassified, and 2) the Presidential Records Act gives the president the authority to decide what documents are Presidential Records to go to the National Archives and which documents are personal records to belong only to him. Clinton and Obama took more documents that had been declassified by them.

I mean it is pretty clear, and it is good for a source to acknowledge basic facts.

I saw a good analysis of Trumps "staged photo" defense. As if the problem was whether Trump had strewn about the documents on the floor, not that he just had them in his possession. Take a drug bust for example. If a law enforcement agency showed a photo of their drug bust, as attached, think about if the culprit complained that the photo was staged as a legit defense. Just replace the word "documents" with "drugs" in the tweet... er, I mean, "truth".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364983
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.