slug.com slug.com

1 3

CNN’s John Avlon has never been my favorite news presenter at the network. But today he introduced a new segment called “Upon Further Review” which he said would be aimed at correcting stories the media got wrong initially. Avlon’s launch of the new segment was about the Duke volleyball story.

“Volleyball is rarely the source of serious controversy but it went straight to the front of the outrage Olympics two weeks ago when a Duke starter named Rachel Richardson made the explosive accusation that she and other black teammates were subjected to racist heckling while playing a game against Brigham Young University,” Avlon said. He then walked through how the story was initially reported, noting there were “some 65 separate articles” about the story and that the player’s family had appeared on CNN.

But to his credit, Avlon noted things changed when BYU’s investigation turned up zero evidence that this incident had happened. Avlon concludes there was a “rush to judgment” by the media.-
[hotair.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

CNN's new CEO is desperate to regain credibility with viewers. This is only a start and I think it's too little too late.

Sure seems that way, and too late indeed.

@SpikeTalon I do remember when they earned their motto, "The most trusted name in news." When 9/11 happened, it was CNN that broadcast the first reports of the towers, the Pentagon and the heroic passengers who took the plane back from the hijackers.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367671
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.