slug.com slug.com

2 2

When DeSantis targets a corporation he’s a fascist. When Democrats do it they’re heroes-
[thefederalist.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Mar 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I see government overreach as problematic no matter which side of the aisle is doing it, I don't quite see it as being equivalent.

First off, just to comment, that author oozes with bias and clear contempt for the Left.

But anyway, it was Republican states which threatened Walgreens if they allowed the drug, even in states where it is currently legal. Neither side of the aisle is innocent here.

So far we don't exactly know what California means. Saying the state will choose not to do business with the company may be problematic. Though perhaps he is carrying out his constituents' wishes, preventing them from paying taxpayer money to a corporation that wants to restrict rights as they see them. I certainly think it was a rash move and probably for political points. But again, it does not even compare with what DeSantis did.

DeSantis specifically and admittedly retaliated against a corporation for merely voicing dissent. There was no action taken by Disney to go against Florida law, they just mentioned they disagreed with it, and DeSantis is trying his best to out-authoritarian Trump. He even did it at the detriment of his constituents, forcing them to bear the burden of the money lost by collapsing the special district.

No denying the bias part, but then again when most known left-leaning sources comment on DeSantis it's surely with a biased take.

No arguing there on the Walgreens part.

Personally, I'm not comparing the incidents, and while a case could be made that DeSantis' move was more hostile in nature still would not remove the fact Newsom's recent move was no good. Doesn't exactly send the best message, and one would think he would have welcomed Walgreens to do business in the state if they were treated with disdain in other states. Guess we'll see soon enough how all of that plays out.

No consistency with those guys!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:404499
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.