slug.com slug.com

5 2

I have been thinking about freedom, again. I am trying to define what it is and try-as-I-might, the best that I can come up with is, it’s not slavery. From this point of view, I ask, why would anyone choose to be so enslaved by ignorance and debt, that they live in fear of their future? 

ScottforKing 8 Aug 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fascinating Topic! Freedom doesn't really exist at a personal level imo. When a community takes full responsibility for all its members and strives to maximize the greatest good for the greatest number then the people within that community have as much freedom as is humanly possible. Also it seems to me that people who renounce the material world and live in the spiritual one appear to reach a type of freedom but i believe that that too is the product of a free society. I think that the freedom or society once offered is over. Or maybe it only ever existed in our minds

You raise a very good point about a spiritual life. It must be a miserable life to go about thinking that there is nothing more powerful than yourself, never able to make a mistake, at least never admitting it.

Frogs in tepid water with heat gradually turned up til it is too late.

You do realize that you are also part of the frog pond thanks to democracy?

@ScottforKing Nope, I am awake and resisting and changing others, one person at a time.

@warminster100 You don't feel some 'heat' out there? What is making you try to change others, one at a time?

@ScottforKing Wake them up to the greatest hoax ever played on the world by the globalists. It was the flu!

My husband and I figured we could stay free to live our lives, as long as enough of the systems put in place by generations of dood gooders, just broke down, we could sneek into the cracks. And Only under 35% of the people were willing to let the government take care of them completely. After that number rises above 35% the pressure on the politicians is to oblige. And freedoms are cut and cut every closer to our completed loss of individual choice.

In the Western World today, the part of our lives that government does not directly effect is closer to 35%. I hope we can all survive the new normal with fewer freedoms and liberty.

It's one of the many concepts that I have an intuitive understanding of, but cannot define it. I know when I'm free and when I'm not free. I can't explain that in language.

Freedom is a thorny construct. Absence of constraint is an insuffient definition. Positive or negative? Achievement or license?

Yes, I think that freedom can not exist without clear rules, boundaries and limitations. So one should have the freedom to peacefully protest but not riot unless you are willing to forfeit your freedom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122691
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.