slug.com slug.com

3 0

This will be a good topic to bring up during her confirmation.

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[regeneron.com]

A bit misleading. Here are the company's own statement on how they use "embryotic stem cells"

From "Regeneron Position Statement on Stem Cell Research "

"The stem cells most commonly used at Regeneron are mouse embryonic stem cells and human blood stem cells. Currently, there are limited research efforts employing human-induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from adult human cells and human embryonic stem cells that are approved for research use by the National Institutes of Health and created solely through in vitro fertilization".

Note that all embryonic stem cells are created solely through in vitro fertilization, therefore in a lab. Regeneron does not use stem cells from impregnated women.

This is a non-story.

@TheMiddleWay Actually, you just made a point with which I think I can agree.

@TheMiddleWay That's a fair point. I believe that life does in fact begin at conception. However, I haven't thought about the "lab created embryo' enough to have a reasoned opinion. Good food for thought.

Were any embryos harmed in the development of this therapy?

@TheMiddleWay
Agreed, and I would therefore still class it as an embryo (and a life) if it was "lab grown". The fact that the company uses embryos does not mean that embryos are involved in everything they do.

I also see the comment above from @Boardwine and I checked the link, which seems to indicate that Regeneron uses mouse embryos (I assume the implication is that they do not use human embryos, although the fact that they do not seem to explicitly state this does raise the question).

My question is whether the development of this antibody cocktail the president is using involved harm to any embryos (and I am most interested where human embryos are concerned). Any idea?

@TheMiddleWay If that is the case, then I have no issues with the President's use of this therapy, and I don't think ACB would either.

@TheMiddleWay I am pro-life, and I see no issue with this, based on the information I have.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138097
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.