slug.com slug.com

2 1

America viewed from outside the bubble.

maxmaccc 7 Nov 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have lived in other countries and there is no real big surprise (for me) revealed in this video. Other countries have different priorities, perspectives and beliefs from those of America throughout the majority of its existence. Many of these perspectives have infiltrated our own society, but many have not.

Example: When I lived in France, most of the people had a view of America that made them say things like, “we don’t think Americans are bad; we know they are just stuck with a bad president. We know the people don’t support the president.” (This was at a time when we weren’t striving for globalist ideals, and both parties openly backed the presidents actions. The French perceptions of America were deeply flawed and colored by their own prejudices and preferences. They were clearly wrong. Most of us agreed with the president and supported him fully. They were making the mistake of superimposing their priorities upon a nation that had vastly different views and priorities, but they did get some things right. They saw things how important the family is and noted that we put too much effort in success and gathering wealth to the detriment of the family unit. Although I think they may have gone a little overboard with their 35 hr work week and kids staying at home til they are in their late 20s or early 30s without an expectation that they will contribute and everybody thinking they should be able to retire before 55 with 90% the same income, when they’ve never contributed that much in the 25 years they were in the workforce. IMO

I enjoyed watching this. Very interesting. Thank you.

Same here.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145990
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.