slug.com slug.com

2 2

I'm still checking out this social network. It's going to take time for Me to really be active, because I have more important real-life stuff going on. So far, though, I really like what I'm seeing.
It feels like, as a society, we're forgetting the great things that we have. I'm not some blind, flag-waving guy who craps red, white, and blue, and thinks that we're perfect; I hate all forms of government. With that being said, one can still appreciate the good and not dwell entirely upon the bad.
Doing that lends itself to willful ignorance of the benefits that we have, due to others' spilled blood. We should be grateful, yet also be willing to change what needs to be changed. I would just stress that this last bit doesn't mean erasing our past, burning down business, dragging people out of their vehicles, and being an all-around shit while playing the victim card.
People should be willing to disagree with others, to hear others who disagree with them, and they should refuse to live in an echo chamber. This goes for all of us. Anyway, I hope that this social network truly does encourage this and doesn't turn into another facebook or twitter, banning unpopular speech.

LordVil 3 Dec 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good to see you here.

Thanks.

Welcome to the community. Be sure to check out the groups.

Thanks. I definitely will.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160130
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.