slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Texas GOP Official Says Call for Mitt Romney’s Head Was Just a Metaphor About ‘Separation’ of Romney from Voters

Metaphor my ass.
Nowhere in the short tweet is the metaphor expanded upon, explained, or put into context.
Pure BS backtracking so he can say all manner of violent things (he has a history of it) and escape prosecution.

We've reached the point where any politician can say "I'm going to kill you!" and claim that nothing more is a metaphor for voting a politician from office.

TheMiddleWay 8 Jan 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, does the guy have a guillotine? Or is he channeling Scarface - which of course is FICTION?

And in law, each word has meaning, "should" does not suggest intent, only desire. Not actionable....

@TheMiddleWay Vitrol and hatred have always been a part of politics - and of course accusations have been given the weight of 'fact' that imply violence too. (Treason accusations and the noting of a death penalty being associated with it, is an implied violent statement)

@TheMiddleWay I won't participate in either sides desire to destroy, personally, people they disagree with. Right now, that happens more on the Left than the Right. That said, my personal principles put me on the Right - it is not a 'tribe' thing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:168626
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.