slug.com slug.com

2 3

Feminist Writer Worried That Stay-At-Home Moms Are Setting A Bad Example For Their Kids

guru 9 Mar 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Feminists should focus on the Woke Establishment first who are throwing their movement under the bus by ruining women's sports, before tackling traditional heterosexual roles. Many women find home-making fulfilling. A few may prefer their careers over hands-on raising of their own children. Even then, it is no justification for forcing all women to eschew homemaking and follow a career path. Gender roles are not just societal constructs. There is a reason why history does not give us a single female Genghis Khan. They are hard-wired. Pushing against what has been hard-wired by the Designer is nothing less than rebellion against the Designer. My driven wife who has a career tells me she would rather be at home with the kids, so there. Let women who like to pursue career paths pursue them, but do not force all women to do the same by belittling the wonderful role of a homemaker, by saying that those who choose this over career are "setting a bad example to their children". How dare they!

I couldn't agree more with Matt's perspective. I can also testify that, when we had children, my wife and I both already knew that she would become a homemaker and full-time mother, and that I would do my very best to make family my highest priority as a father as I sought to provide for them. Although we of course did not do everything as well as we might have liked, we managed to homeschool all three of our children, seeking to instill in them the Christian values we ourselves endeavor to live out, and each of them, by God's grace, has grown up to be a fine adult. Two of them are married, and we now have six grandchildren. So far our children are making the same kinds of choices with their children that we made with them, and we are making our best effort to be as devoted as parents and grandparents now as we tried to be as parents while rearing our three children.

No, we did not make nearly as much money as we might have. No, our children didn't always have the things other children had. But they did have something that many, perhaps most, other children have precious little of, they had their parents.They had us. They had our constant love as we sought to be with them as much as we possibly could, endeavoring to establish relationships with them that would be strong enough to weather anything for the rest of our lives and that would cause them to value our continued role in their lives and in the lives of their children. We don't regret any of it. We only had one chance to raise our children, and we sought by the grace and strength of God not to foul it up. I never thought of it like Matt put it before, but I guess you could say that we were very "ambitious parents." It is my hope that others who watch the video above and read my comments will be motivated to be ambitious parents as well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197580
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.