slug.com slug.com

38 5

What are three books that had a major influence on your life? How/why did they deeply affect you?

graesvol 6 Mar 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

'King Jesus' by Robert Graves because it helped me understand how Christianity came about, 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins helped me feel justified in my atheism and 'Enemy of the State' by Tommy Robinson recently confirmed my fears of the left wing takeover of political discourse

Journey Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda, 1984, and the Invisible Landscape by the McKenna brothers

To Kill a Mockingbird- It taught me the inncence of youth was a burden I didn’t want but one that I desperately wanted to clinge to.

The Mysterious Stranger- It taught me that the darkness and bitterness of a mans soul can be real and dangerous.

The Wheel of Time series- It taught me to seek the void and learn the power of presence.

Man Search for Meaning, Viktor Frankl: Gave me a deep appreciation for how lucky I am in life and taught me the importance of purpose.

Awaken the Giant Within, Tony Robbins: Shifted my life into the realm of wanting to develop greater knowledge of personal development and a deeper understanding of the human mind.

The Secret Teachings of All Ages, Manly P. Hall: One of the first books I read on my never-ending quest of obtaining empowering esoteric knowledge and wisdom.

1. Catcher In The Eye - It opened my eyes to dehumanization in the social structure . 2. The Moon Is Down - It was a link to my unknown ancestry that was not revealed until 40 years later . 3. The Bible - Because it doesn't stay read and stagnate .

Freud's 'Civilization' and its Discontents.' The Bible, and Peterson's, "12 Rules." The last two, for obvious reasons. Freud, because the idea of civilization as a necessary compromise which chaffs ALL of us- was new to me at the time (and helpful).

Darwins Radio,Speaker for the Dead,Starship Troopers.

Wild at Heart - Supportive of Classical masculinity
Mere Christianity - Intellectual approach to Faith and belief in Christ
Tarzan of the Apes - Classic “guy” book - Epitomizing masculinity

Outrageous Openness - Tosha Silver
I Thought it Was Just Me - Brene Brown
Loving What Is - Byron Katie

The Bible.
Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones biograph
Exposition of the Old and New Testament John Gill

The Screwtape Letters, CS Lewis
I Saw Satan Fall Like Lightning, Rene Girard
Franny & Zooey, JD Salinger

I'd explain why, but I'm headed out the door... Really happy to be here!

Little Britches by Ralph Moody
-Taught independence and personal responsibility
What's Wrong with the World by GK Chesterton
-Taught basic truths about the modern conflict regarding feminism and anti-family forces
The Abolition of Man by CS Lewis
-Taught the essence of post-modernism

Only 3? Sorry, my list is too long.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21223
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.