slug.com slug.com

3 1

SHOCKING: Principal Paddles Student While Mother Watches

guru 9 May 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The high school I went to called it "the board of education."

Already illegal in my country, thanks to UN meddling.

Never been paddled in my life. My dad bought a horse whip

The last time I was paddled in a public school was in Indianapolis, Indiana when I was in the 8th grade (13 years old), but I was paddled in a private school the following year. Both times were with a wooden paddle with a few holes drilled into it, and both times I had some minor bruising. Also, both times my father basically said, "I guess that will teach you not to disobey the rules, won't it?" Frankly, it didn't seem wrong to me then, and it doesn't particularly seem wrong to me now as I look back on it. My parents agreed with it. I was told in advance what the consequences of my rebellious actions would be, and I got those consequences. I would never have been paddled had I not disobeyed in a significant manner.

However, I would never agree as a parent to allow another adult to paddle my child in that way. I'm with Matt on that point. Oh, and by the way, I don't think corporal punishment has been allowed in public schools in Indiana for some years now.

At school my headmaster had a cupboard full of a variety of canes of different thickness. They were legally allowed to hit you six times across the hands palms up. To get around this they would say that tips didn't count and try the get the very tips of your fingers many times and also hit your fingers from underneath to get you to hold your hand higher. It wasn't my favorite pass time but I took it in my stride. On a side note many years later I saw that headmaster asleep under a tree in the park homeless and alcoholic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:219917
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.