slug.com slug.com

1 1

Does the government pass the Romans 13 test?

lawrenceblair 8 Sep 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Saint Paul wrote, "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus." The saying in the Eastern Orthodox Church is, "He trampled down death by His death." That is why Paul could say, "Oh death, were is your victory? Oh grave, where is your sting?"
That is why Saint Paul was willing to be incarcerated for preaching the Faith. He knew that nothing the Roman state could do to him would take away his salvation in Christ Jesus, only Paul himself could throw it away. And it was too precious to Paul to discard so lightly.
In 1984 I was given a choice, lie or be locked up forever. My answer was easy in light of the above, "Why would I lie for a little comfort in this life and give away the glory that is mine in the next life?" The government is not always right. When the government is filled with righteous people then it is easy to submit to the government, because they have your best interest in mind. but when the government is filled with people who are only interested in their own power and wealth it becomes a sin to submit to that government which is in rebellion to God. "Come out from among them, My people, that you be not partakers in their sins."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268305
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.