slug.com slug.com

1 2

Why JORDAN PETERSON Considers Himself a "TRADITIONALIST"

guru 9 Sep 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although I agree with most of what Jordan said, as usual, I also found his allusion the Christianity a bit problematic, again, as usual. For example, he spoke of an eternal conflict between Satan and Christ, but this is not the Christian point of view. In the Christian faith, neither Satan nor evil are eternal. Satan is a created being who became evil. Christ has dealt him the death blow via His incarnation, sinless life, sacrificial death on the cross, resurrection from the dead, and ascension to Heaven. Eventually, Satan will be cast into hell where he will suffer everlasting conscious torment. So, yes, Satan will exist in suffering forever, but he is not eternal; he had a beginning. And the conflict is not eternal either. What Jordan has described is actually more akin to Zoroastrianism, as I understand it, than Christianity.

So, I say once again to any Christian listeners: Jordan has much to teach us, but not about Christianity.

I think he's just sharing what he knows so far, and I think it's a good thing. I'd rather have a Jordan Peterson than a Bart Ehrman. He may be insufficient in sound doctrine for now, but I think he is getting closer to the truth.

@eschatologyguy You may be right about Jordan. He may be "close to the kingdom," but Bart Ehrman is an apostate who is running from the kingdom as fast as he can.

@KeithThroop and shipwrecking the faith of many.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268841
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.