slug.com slug.com

1 3

COVID LUNACY On Full Display At Drive-Thru

guru 9 Oct 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I went into a doctor's office the other day without a mask on, and I noticed that all four nurses behind the front desk were "wearing masks." I put that in quotes because one of the nurses had her mask way down below her nose and barely covering her mouth, with her nose completely exposed, and another of the nurses had her mask down below her chin, with both her nose and mouth completely exposed. My wife and I were chuckling about it because we knew that they would insist that I wear a mask. When the nurse with the mask down below her nose insisted I wear a mask while handing me one, I said, loudly enough for everyone in the waiting room to hear, "So, you mean that I can just put it on, then, with my nose exposed like you, or with my mouth and nose exposed like that other nurse sitting over there? Because that's how much you all believe they really work, right?" She kind of smiled and said, "Well, you have to put it on." So I just put it on with my nose completely exposed and with enough of my mouth exposed that it didn't interrupt my breathing at all. No one said a word to me about it while I was there. Clearly they were just going through the motions because they had to here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois, but the whole thing was pretty stupid, just about as stupid as the incident in the video above. But at least this particular doctor's office was trying to be reasonable with a policy they clearly didn't want to enforce. I guess they were rebelling about as much as they dared to. Pretty sad, though, isn't it?

In a situation like that, I'd humor them and wear my mask and "let my nose hang out" so to speak, smile and carry on 😊 A lot of people here do just that. I found out that so long as you have one around your chin, most people don't bother you anymore 😁 And yes, it's pretty stupid. What I'm doing is showing them how stupid it is, and hope they catch on.

Here in NSW from last week you don't have to wear a mask outside but most people still do, it's funny and sad.

@guru it's their fetish. I'd rather keep the distance. In the tropics where it's warmer, you get the idea WHY we need to shower at least once a day. Hence the distance 😊

@eschatologyguy I think they would get used to a cattle prod given time.

@guru or a whistle. Or a megaphone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:277977
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.