slug.com slug.com

1 1

Anyone know anything about this? Are we looking at a new version of Hunger Games? Soon to become real?
Squid Game: Korean thriller on course to become biggest Netflix hit of all time A series of playground games take a highly sinister and gory turn when a mysterious stranger invites 456 people to risk their lives for a multi-million-pound jackpot. By Rhys Lewis Published: 30 September 2021

toronto_Georgia 8 Oct 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have seen some clips from the dark side on it. You have to think in Oriental thought process to get a grip on it, their version of drama is comparable to the telenovelas. If you ever read Shogun ~ James Clavell I believe ~ there's a part where the Japanese are driven crazy with the westerners and the Europeans are drove crazy by the Japanese thought processes, what is apparent contradiction to one group and then to the other but does not take into consideration of the cultural differences distinctions.

I remember reading that book in the late 70's or early 80's. It really showed you how different the ways of thinking are between Japanese/Eastern culture and Western thought. I read all three, Shogun, Tai-Pan, and King Rat and the Noble House series as well. Great books. In many respects the Asian Tongs of today.

So this new Squid game is based on similar thinking, where the individual is only valued as a piece within a much larger power structure. Ignore or go against that structure then the individual becomes of no value, basically float-sum. The system is the value.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:278319
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.