slug.com slug.com

1 3

Rust Prop Gun Shooting No "Freak Accident"

guru 9 Oct 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is the best coverage of this incident that I've seen thus far. Thanks for posting it. By the way, I regularly fire blanks from an M1 rifle as a part of my VFW and American Legion Honor Guard duties, and I can tell you that we always keep the safeties on until firing and that we absolutely never point the gun at anyone else. It is basic firearm safety.

Revolvers don't have safety locks. I still say it was a mislabelled prop gun. Prop guns are disabled from shooting live rounds.

@eschatologyguy Apparently they were using fully functional guns, but with blanks. Steve Turley reported information that they sometimes used these guns for target practice when not filming, in which case they would use normal rounds. This would certainly explain how a normal round could have made its way into one of the guns used for filming. Someone must not have been careful enough to reload with only blanks (?).

I don't know if the guns they used included revolvers, but I agree that revolvers don't have safeties like semiautomatics do. Smith and Wesson makes revolvers that can be locked with a key to prevent them from firing, but that is hardly the same thing.

@KeithThroop the movie was a cowboy movie. Yep, old-style revolvers. Also a working gun used as a prop would not make it a prop gun (just a regular gun used as a prop) just like a working pistol used as a starter pistol doesn't make it a starter pistol. They're supposed to be disabled from shooting live rounds.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.