slug.com slug.com

58 5

Converting to Islam

After studying the Quran and Hadith one question kept coming to mind. If we were given a choice to either convert to Islam or die what would we do?
If you were Christian, Jewish or Buddhist would you convert to save your life? A lot of people in Africa, Jordon and many other countries have had to make that choice. What would you do?

WhiteRose 6 Apr 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I pray God would give me the courage to die.
I will not bend the knee to any other than Jesus.

A spur of the moment decision, for me, most likely would lead to many years or regret.

Sure. Since there is no God and all religions are a farce, it doesn't much matter which farce you choose to follow.

I'll convert just to be able to walk into a Mosque and ask in a gathering why Jesus Christ is mentioned 25 times in the Qur'an and Mohammed only twice.

Like others, I certainly hope I would have the courage to stand for Jesus as Lord, and face death or worst, if that's the result of that testimony.

I’m Muslim and proud already my friend!

If you are a true Muslim, I would NOT be your friend.

Also, having spent quite a bit of time in the middle east, I have learned to NEVER trust someone who calls you "my friend".

Submit I suppose?
Unlikely in America.
Generally speaking these things take a State sponsorship. It's really difficult to the right mix of authoritarianism and extreme religious rule.

You are tough! Truth is I’d probably convert. Not proud to say it but it’s the most likely outcome.

That is a sad statement. Am I correct to presume you are NOT a Christian?

@CenTexBiker, they can make you say words. They can't yet control your thoughts. Depends on circumstances, of course. I see no inherent honor in being so eager to die. The tyrants live on. Before all of the Christians jump off a cliff, what can you do about ending the tyranny? Is there honor in persevering? Fighting the good fight? Changing minds by example over time?

@CenTexBiker It would be pretty easy, sitting here at my computer in my comfortable chair, to picture myself as the virtuous hero who would die before betraying my faith. If I knew, with certainty, that I would do that I would say so. Problem, for me, is that I've been in a situation where I knew I was about to die ( not "thought" but "knew" I was done). It made quite an impression. I recognize, that under those circumstances "thinking" fades and is replaced with something else - rage, fear and something I can't articulate properly - but a kind of primal scream that embodies a kind of power I can't really describe. While I recognize I may refuse to submit and accept death the truth is that I may not as well. The force that exists within me to rage against death is one of the most powerful things I have ever felt. I have no certainty I would overcome that when the chips were down.

@Demere I don't see myself as a hero.

Seeing as I went to combat (in a war that I didn't agree with) and was willing to die for my brothers, dying for my beliefs, would not be harder.

Tho there are things that I still want to do on Earth, when the good Lord calls me home, I will be grateful that He allows me to be in heaven

@chuckpo
Is it better to live a lie, than to die with the truth?

@CenTexBiker, maybe. You can't make change when you're dead. You can't help anyone when you're dead. Voluntary death is tacit acceptance of the all of the wrong in the world. Does your death have meaning? Maybe. But, I wouldn't just follow the crowd over the cliff without seeing if something could be done. The words have no meaning to God who judges hearts. You're trying to give them some kind of mystical, liturgical meaning like clicking your ruby slipper heels 3 times. Isn't blasphemy only a denial of God in your heart?

@chuckpo
We are all destined to be who we are, some will willingly give their life for what they believe to be truths, some will live with lies uttered daily therefore, causing themselves to die a slow despicable death

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31955
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.