slug.com slug.com

3 2

LINK Christanity has Extremists Too!

Their focus is inflicting pain on themselves...

cRaZyTMG 7 Apr 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you ever heard Christians railing on cults? They have a pretty good record of standing up against the most extreme elements of those who try to identify themselves with the Christian religions. Where are the voices of Muslims standing up against the extreme elements of any form of Islam?

I think you hitting at the only way Islam will ever be able to coexist with other religions. Until mainstream Islam recognizes and permits other religions to have an equal status no assimilation is possible. Part of the problem is Islam hasn't figured who is in charge. Sunni or Shite? or as Trey Smith says, until Muslims figure out who owns the Ferrari's (Saudi Arabia or Iran) they can't focus on co-existence with infidels. The two problems require the ideology to move in opposite directions at the same time.

@cRaZyTMG Why does one or the other have to be in charge? They both have extremist elements that are willing to kill, maim and destroy for their sect of Islam. By the same token, they both have moderate adherents who are unwilling to boldly and loudly say, "That is not the Islam I believe and practice." Are they stuck at their equivalent of the Thirty Years' War era that Christianity went though?

@Lickspittle Maybe. Except that Islamists have no ordained way to allow different sects to interpret their scriptures differently. Hmmm. I need to think on that. It was that way at the start of the 30yrs war too but it was ok afterwards? I don't know why or how... Hmmm. Insufficient Info

@cRaZyTMG Christians have had no ordained way between the different denominations in centuries past. Ecumenicalism is fairly recent. Puritans didn't follow the decrees of the Pope or Metropolitan of Greece. I only chose the Thirty Years' War because it was a war that started between the Catholics and Protestants, not to say it solved the problems for Christianity. But at that time, Christianity was divided and militant, much as you described Islam.

@Lickspittle Maybe it wasn't the 30 yrs war that did it but somehow Christianity got past the impasse. And it was the right time frame. Prophecies predict a major conflict in the middle east... maybe its coming?

Actually, this is false doctrine. Christianity is what is taught in the New Testament.

Very disturbing. this kind of extremism is aggressively anti-intellectual in its level of superstition and fetishization of self-harm and guilt. However, these are just re-enactments. If they hurt themselves in the process of expiating for their sins, which is anti-Christian, who cares?

Speaking of crucifixion, ISIS actually killed (via crucifixion) kids as young as 15 for refusing to convert.

Yeah, sadly crucifixions ring several bells for them...

@cRaZyTMG There are enough believers tortured, killed the world over for being Christian.
What's weird is they won't hear the scriptures!! Go figure!

I think the key here is "self-harm." As misguided as it is, they are voluntary participants. They are not inflicting this on those who wish to left alone or disagree with their practices.

@Lickspittle sounds crazy

@2FollowHim It is crazy, misguided, etc. But I believe people own their own person and lacking a diagnosed mental illness...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32287
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.