slug.com slug.com

4 2

It is believed that the Russian Military has suffered up to as many as 40,000 casualties during its invasion of Ukraine, which began one month ago.

The figure, which includes troops that have been killed, wounded, taken prisoner, or are missing in action was calculated using figures provided by Ukraine, information obtained from Russia, and intelligence from open sources.

Open source intelligences pretty much corroborate claims/figures from both the Ukrainian and Russian Governments, and it's suspicious that Russia has not updated their figures since the first week into the invasion, which is a telltale sign they are hiding something from the general public. The Russian Government has probably been making good use of their mobile crematoriums- [nypost.com]

"Russia’s Military doctrine envisages an “escalate to deescalate” option of using battlefield nuclear weapons to force the enemy to back down in a situation when Russian forces face imminent defeat. Moscow has denied having such plans." That is certainly plausible given Putin has not been able to takeover Ukraine as easily as he initially thought, and his Military has probably already suffered close to 14,000 actual KIAs.

“We’ve seen numerous credible reports of indiscriminate attacks and attacks deliberately targeting civilians, as well as other atrocities,” the State Department said in a press release. “Russia’s forces have destroyed apartment buildings, schools, hospitals, critical infrastructure, civilian vehicles, shopping centers, and ambulances, leaving thousands of innocent civilians killed or wounded. Many of the sites Russia’s forces have hit have been clearly identifiable as in-use by civilians. This includes the Mariupol maternity hospital, as the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights expressly noted in a March 11 report. It also includes a strike that hit a Mariupol theater, clearly marked with the word ‘дети’ — Russian for ‘children’ — in huge letters visible from the sky.” I think the actual statistics on that will come out once the conflict has concluded, and open source journalists like the Intel Crab have documented multiple instances of such.-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Mar 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

War Crimes committed against innocent Ukrainian citizens!

Russian ‘Butcher of Mariupol’ blamed for worst Ukraine war atrocities.

Ukrainian officials have accused the same high-ranking Russian military leader of many of the war’s worst atrocities, including the deadly airstrike at a maternity hospital — dubbing him “the Butcher of Mariupol.”

“Remember him. This is Mikhail Mizintsev,” tweeted the head of Ukraine’s Centre for Civil Liberties, Oleksandra Matviichuk, while posting a photo of the colonel-general who heads Russia’s National Defense Control Center.

“He is leading the siege of Mariupol,” she said of the city that has been nearly wiped out by almost constant airstrikes.

“It was he who ordered the bombing of a children’s hospital, the drama theatre etc.,” she insisted of two of the worst attacks, both widely condemned as war crimes.

In the first, a maternity hospital was blown up, killing children and pregnant women, including one who was seen being stretchered away in agony. In the second, airstrikes destroyed a theater that local officials said was a shelter for more than 1,000 civilians, mostly the young and the old — with “CHILDREN” clearly marked outside in Russian.

[nypost.com]

Please keep speaking up about such events on here regardless of what some others may think on the matter, too much is at stake and Putin needs to be held accountable for his actions.

@SpikeTalon

Putin & his murdering assassins need to be held accountable.

And there are reports of Russians rounding up Ukrainians & deporting them to Russia - as they did the Jews during WWII.
MadVlad is responsible for war crimes & genocide

That he is, but try to convince those who have fallen for Russian Government propaganda lies though.

@SpikeTalon

MadVlad Putin is guilty of war crimes!!

Ukraine accuses Moscow of forcibly deporting over 400,000 people to Russia.

Ukraine accused Moscow on Thursday of forcibly relocating hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians from their besieged homes to Russia, where officials believe many will be held as “hostages” to negotiate a surrender from Kyiv.

Lyudmyla Denisova, Ukraine’s ombudsperson, said 402,000 people – including 84,000 children – have been deported against their will.

Russia gave nearly identical figures of those that have been relocated, though claimed that the people wanted to leave. Russian Col. Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev on Thursday said that the roughly 400,000 people evacuated to Russia since the invasion began were from the Donetsk and Luhansk regions in eastern Ukraine, which are predominantly Russian-speaking and have close cultural ties with Moscow.

[nypost.com]

Ukrainian troops across the easter sectors are surrendering en masse. They are out of food and ammunition. The squeeze continues. So far, Russia has taken control of a land area larger than France

Documented leaked audio recordings of Russian soldiers also would indicate the Russian troops are going through the same thing if not worse so than the Ukrainians. The squeeze may continue on, but the Ukrainians just keep fighting back, and being it's been over a month now since Putin first invaded Ukraine it is quite telling that he still hasn't been able to takeover that country like he initially thought, and some of his high ranking officers are starting to get fed up with Putin's leadership and want to call it quits, but of course Russian propaganda sources are strangely quiet on that much.

A land area larger than France you say? Uh, no, not even close, not sure where you heard that from. You do realize that Ukraine is maybe about 50,000 sq miles or so bigger than France right? If what you claimed above was true, that would pretty much mean roughly close to 90% of Ukraine is now under Russian control, and that's not reality no matter how badly you may wish that to be true. If anything, the Ukrainians have seized back some more territory that Russia had subdued, neverminding the obvious fact that the Russian forces' overall morale is sinking to new lows while Putin decides on his next move.

Correction, it appears France is actually a bit larger than Ukraine, which means your statement above is even more absurd-[cyprusandaxi.com]
Again, not sure where you heard that from, but you seriously need to stop listening to sources like the Duran SouthFront and RT (just to name a few), looks like it's damaging your brain and I say such out of sympathy and not to be mean.

@SpikeTalon you are much more informed on the goings on between Ukraine and Russia than Me.
As I am sure you know I have NEVER trusted Gov't - any government.
At the end of your comment here you say something like "in the end the truth will come out".
I doubt we will ever get the "truth" of any gov't activity or initiative. We have always gotten some "version" of the truth.

@iThink Can't say I trust any Government either, but generally I do listen to what the open source journalists have to say and any evidence they provide. I do not take any issue with those who question the Ukrainian Government, but do take issue with those who claim to question the Ukraine side but automatically believe anything and everything the Russian side has to say. As for the truth coming out in the end, I could make a case that's a somewhat cynical way of looking at it but also can understand why you feel snakebitten like that. Maybe I'm the one who's wrong for thinking that way, but I'd like to think the truth will always make itself known in the end, because if it doesn't that would mean evil (lies and deceit) wins, and I'd like to think that evil won't win out.

Both sides lie, no doubt about it, but one side is still lying more than the other, and "I Think" you know at present time which side I'm a bit more skeptical of.

@SpikeTalon

France is 643,000 sq km
Ukraine is 604,000 sq km

You really don't know much about Ukraine or Russia. You picked a team and you are cheering for them. Your side is good, The other guys bad. The total number of Russian troops in Ukraine is ~ 100K. Are you saying Russia has had a 40% casualty rate? You believe that?

Why are you worried about Ukraine? What direct significance does it have that Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Yemen does not have?

@SpikeTalon

Your sources are all US military propaganda sites. The actual people on the ground are a better source. I will stick to my own sources and you cheer for your side. The same media that lied to you for 2 years now has you wanting to launch a nuclear strike at Russia. Oy Vey!

@SpikeTalon

The sources you noted are not on the ground. They are military analysts posting stuff like "may have" or "could likely". Do you remember in November 2001where news media reported very light civilian casualties and it turned out almost 25K people were killed in the Khandahar operation, mainly due to carpet bombing by US B52s. Yea, we learned over a decade later because of an international court case at the Hague

@Sensrhim4hizvewz Your previous statement that Russia has seized a land mass the size of France was absurd, and apparently you acknowledge that by agreeing with me that France is larger than Ukraine. Now... if France is already larger than Ukraine to begin with, how could Russia possibly control that much territory in Ukraine, based on what you said that would be the whole country then, and that's simply not true. I'm afraid you're the one that doesn't know what you're talking about there on that.

We don't know the exact rate of casualties on either side, but there is enough evidence to indicate there have been thousands killed on both sides. Let me ask you this... do you automatically believe what the Russian Government had claimed regarding their present number of casualties, and their last update on such the number was below 1,000 dead? So you believe them? Sorry, their claim on that is not credible, no way they've only suffered less than 1,000 casualties to date.

Who said I'm worried about Ukraine? I'm concerned about civilian casualties in Ukraine, and the not the country itself, and I have good reason to be at that.

The Intel Crab is not a US Military source, he is a solo individual reporting on things in Ukraine as he observes them. At least two other sources I use, while maybe American, are not connected to the US Government. Your sources aren't on the ground, they are propaganda sources being backed up by the Russian Government, bad sources just like CNN and MSN are, and I care not what mainstream media sources have to say on the Ukraine conflict. What's the matter, losing the argument now so you have to deflect by telling me to stick to my sources while you stick to yours? In case you hadn't noticed I'm not the one commenting on your posts, you've been commenting on mine. You are right though in saying I'll stick to my sources, at least I'm not brainwashed by Government propaganda sources backed by the Kremlin. Gee whiz I wonder why some countries want to bomb Russia??? Could it be because Putin has threatened multiple times now to use chemical and nuclear weapons, of course that's the reason. When you threaten others with such weapons you could reasonably expect them to retaliate and or defend themselves. Russia started that crap, and the US just might finish it...

Intel Crab is on the ground in Ukraine and certainly is no Military analyst, and the citizens he interviews for information are also on the ground there too. Sources like that have been compiling some damning evidence against the Russian Military, and that's all going to come out yet when the conflict is finally over. If my sources are so distasteful to you, then I'd advise skipping over posts like this, because I'm going to keep posting on the topic.

40k?! I didn't know they had that many in the battle to begin with...wow. So who do you and I believe and why

Knowing the Russian enlistment numbers [globalsecurity.org] it seems reasonable they could easily have tens of thousands soldiers on the ground in Ukraine, and as I linked to above there was enough documentation showing the Russian Military using mobile crematoriums, and why do you suppose they need those? Most likely to hide the real casualty count, and they have been rather secretive about openly discussing the matter to the public.

I have analyzed claims from the Russian side of the argument from the reason for the invasion to the "secret" biolabs to claims about the Russian Military not deliberately targeting civilians and civilian structures, and I could not find any conclusive evidence to back up said claims, and from what I've seen so far would indicate the Russian Government has been doing nothing but lying and fabricating stories to justify their crimes. Also, it's worth pointing out that at present time both a majority of Democrats and Republicans sympathize more with Ukraine, and how often do those two ever agree on things like that? Yeah, not that often, which is unto itself quite telling. Mr. Trump sympathizes with Ukraine and has said some scathing remarks against Putin's regime, and being he is a former President who still has access to intel briefings that the average citizen does not, I'm inclined to believe that he knows what he's talking about. Also worth pointing out that in the beginning of the Ukraine invasion the political left as a whole had nothing good to say about Ukraine and accused the whole country and its President of being Nazi sympathizers, and only switched their stance due to the pressure received from the Republicans, who really got on Biden's case over his lack of action. So the original American sympathizers of Ukraine were the Republicans, and Biden eventually agreeing with such was nothing more than a PR stunt and to be politically correct, and not because the Dems were truly interested in standing up for the right thing. In contrast since then, I've observed a relatively small but vocal fringe group from the far-right that have come out swinging against the Ukrainian side of the argument, and this fringe movement appears to exist merely just to be an opposition force to what they perceive to be a "leftwing" cause supporting Ukraine, and reality itself says that is not true. While there are some far-right opportunists like Candace Owens and Lara Logan who immediately sought to capitalize on the growing anti-Ukrainian sentiment, there are far more Republicans and conservative commentators (like on RedState and HotAir) who, while not always in full agreement with the Ukrainian side of the argument, still readily acknowledge the crimes of the Putin regime.

You asked me who do we trust, I must ask why are every one of those people automatically wrong (and thus a supporter of globalism) and a few opportunists like Logan and Owens automatically right? For what it's worth, Logan once worked for CBS and on at least one occasion in the past she got caught spreading misinformation on an important issue at the time (Benghazi), and recently there have been a number of conservatives including black conservatives who were upset with Owens' portrayal of all black people as being ignorant fools, even though that's not the case (think said black conservatives). So why should we trust folks like that? My main source of info on the Ukraine conflict has been an open source journalist called the Intel Crab who is actually on the scene in Ukraine reporting, and generally speaking open source journalists are usually trustworthy.

I don't think the Ukraine conflict is a battle between globalist and Russian Federation as some would have me believe, but rather a battle between an evil force and a sinnister force (Russia being the latter). The globalist vs Putin theory gets tiresome after awhile and the argument itself is childish, as it is a direct reaction and subsequent knee-jerk reaction to the Biden Admin now supporting the Ukrainian side, and I fear the US is telling the truth when it comes to nuclear and chemical weapon threats from Russia, and unfortunately the Putin followers are not taking such seriously enough. Vladimir Putin is far removed from being an honest or trustworthy guy, so if one must criticize Zelensky I say fair enough so long as one also criticizes Putin's past as well. History it seems is gradually repeating itself, and those who don't learn from it will probably be doomed to repeat it- [warontherocks.com]?

In the end, it's not a matter of me trusting either side on that issue, I'm going where the evidence leads me, and the evidence indicates that when that conflict finally resides Putin's regime will have hell to pay. These days I don't hold FOX News in the same regard that I used to, but this was a good one from them and spot on, every Putin sympathizer out there should think deeper on this-
[foxnews.com]
Ukraine certainly has their own problems that need to be dealt with in the near future, but Ukraine's problems and perceived evils do not absolve Putin of his crimes against humanity. Some truly awful things going on right now in Russia, Putin has only just begun his censorship campaigns. In case you had missed some of my previous posts on the topic, here were a few other interesting reads- [redstate.com]

[redstate.com]

I just came across this one- [hotair.com]
While subjecting a POW to such is most likely against the Geneva Convention, I could also say the same for deliberately targeting civilians for death too, still some interesting details there. Hope that answered your question, and to date I'm not convinced as to who's the one always telling the truth, but the evidence I've seen is more in favor of Ukraine than Putin's. Like you, most of us (well, maybe not most, some are content with conspiracy theories more than reality) just want the truth in regards to what's happening over in Ukraine, and I think once the conflict is over the truth will come out for all to see.

@Garsco A point or two from the opposing view are legit and I've acknowledged such, and can't help but think that to an extent social media has helped in creating confusion and keeping people confused on matters like the Russia/Ukraine conflict, so much misinformation being passed around as truth. I have listened to and researched the claims from the Russia side of the argument, and could find no conclusive evidence to back up the Russian Government's claims, and upon looking deeper into the sources I was linked to I found they were largely untrustworthy propaganda sources being supported in the background by the Russian Government. Some of these sources are really keeping some in the dark with scaremongering tactics, just look at the one guy above who tried to claim that Russia has taken over a land mass the size of France, even though he admitted France was larger than Ukraine and if his statement was accurate that would mean that roughly 90% of Ukraine is now under Russian control, and there certainly is no evidence to support such a claim. I'm sure he read that somewhere on one of those propaganda sources, and trying to get these people to realize claims like that are totally absurd has been quite the challenge.

When faced with potential all out war, there is no simple solution to please all sides involved. Putin certainly has been calculating these things out way in advance of actually making a move.

Putin is certainly trying to create diversions in order to buy himself some more time to calculate his next violent move. The invasion hasn't gone as he initially planned it would, and a month into the fighting his troop's morale keeps sinking while the number of casualties increases, which means Putin is getting more and more desperate. The US and Ukraine are not the ones going around threatening to carry out nuclear or chemical weapon attacks, but Russia sure is. I still think (possibly in the near future) the Russian Government is going to carry out an act of violence like that and somehow try to pin the blame squarely on the US and Ukraine, and link such to those supposedly "secret" biolabs in Ukraine. If such a scenario does play out as I suspect it will, it will be a tricky situation for us and Ukraine as those who have bought into the Russian Government propaganda will surely raise a stink over that, and won't hesitate to villify anyone who the Russian Government perceives to be an enemy. The sanctions imposed by the US on Russia have really been infuriating Putin, and he's looking to get revenge, and that may be the way he goes about doing so. I can see it now... Russia carries out a nuclear attack and somehow tries to pin the blame on the US Government, and all of the Putin apologists crying that it's a false flag attack against Russia and our country is the villain. As if we don't have enough problems with inflation and a lame duck Presidency, such a situation would be nightmarish.

If such a scenario were to play out as I suspect it will, NATO would become directly involved, at that point direct confrontation will be unavoidable, and our country would probably be launching some nukes of our own. Not a pleasant thought, but I've a bad feeling that's where things are headed, Russia carrying out a nuclear or chemical strike and attempting to shift the blame on our country, and then all hell will break loose.

Thank you by the way, @iThink has been fairly good spirited about my posts on this topic, more than what I could say for some others who got downright hostile or defensive, which is somewhat curious being this site is supposed to be for talking out varying point of views minus the gaslighting. I don't plan to stop posting about it though, too much is at stake. With that said, can't say I blame you for mostly avoiding posting on the topic knowing how some on here react, but do know if you did I'd surely check it out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325181
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.