slug.com slug.com

12 0

IDW Community

Is the IDW Community Conservative?
Or, is the world Conservative? Does the Left have any redeeming qualities?

• 18 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 11 votes
Facci 7 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to think that I was on the left. Now I am fairly hard right. I haven't moved. The left has abandoned reason, thought, history and even now claims that math is racist.

Everything is racist to the left, that is the only way they can respond, as they do not have a rational thoughts in their heads. They cannot debate civilly, so all they do is rant and rave, and behave animals.

I joined this group because it seemed Conservative, not sure if most people are conservative, as it seems that there are a lot of people out there, or is it just the media's portrayal, ANTIFA and such making a lot of noise, that does not sound Conservative. The left has some redeeming qualities, but they are becoming less and less apparent these days.

IDW Admin are both, this is ok with me, balance is good.

The world needs the Left to serve as object lessons for young conservatives.

I would say the IDW is "conservative" in that, they (us?) want to 'preserve' free exchanges of ideas. Politically, I think we're all over the map...and that's a good thing!

RE: IDW, Yes!
RE: The Left, Hell No!!!!

Pinning the Left against conservatives is a false dichotomy. It's like comparing the Right to liberals.

The left and right are political parties, whereas liberal and conservative are descriptions for ideological leanings.

I know many liberals who disavow the Left and many conservatives who disavow the Right.

Liberals have redeeming qualities, as do Conservatives.

But the Left and Right may be rotting, of that I don't deny.

Winner Winner chicken Dinner.

The Intellectual Dark web is a mix of social liberals (who are not left enough according to the regressive left), libertarians, classical liberals, and conservatives who want to preserve the free exchange of ideas, western/enlightenment values and our constitutional republic. We all have a lot more in common compared to the left. And what I love the most about the Intellectual Dark Web is that many of us have seen the extremes of every side so we approach these issues from a very individualistic and smart perspective.

Owen Benjamin sums it up best in this PragerU video:

For the administration on this site I agree with iThink's statement.

I say they have no redeeming qualities

I say they have no qualities to redeem... 😉

The universe needs balance and left and right needs its own balance. Too far right or left has very nasty consequences and they need each other to keep it honest and objective.

The IDW is liberal; it's open to new ideas. The IDW is conservative; it seeks to preserve the ideas that led us to here. I think most people are conservative, but that progressivism dominates the public forum. It seems like progress is an idea worth conserving, to many, because that's part of what got us here. The big deal right now is how to deal with novelty that erupts far more quickly than most of us are yet evolved to adapt to. Humans are evolved to adapt to, and cause, change, but we've now managed to change our environments in sometimes overwhelming ways to the tune of multiple times per decade rather than over the evolutionary span of multiple generations.

IDW administratively is neutral. Most people hold on to conservative values and are simultaneously and genuinely sympathetic and empathetic toward their fellow humans. The Left does have some redeeming value - the point I am trying to make here is that none of the available selections in your poll is exclusive the other two. Real life is not that simple

This poll allows for multiple selections.

good to know before checking a box.@Facci

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33410
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.