slug.com slug.com

1 0

I thought this was interesting.

toronto_Georgia 8 June 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very interesting. Very insightful & thoughtful. Thanks for sharing it, had to go look up Mr. Ghosthorse too!

TIOKASIN GHOSTHORSE — Cheyenne River Lakota Nation of South Dakota—is an international speaker on Peace, Indigenous and Mother Earth perspective. A survivor of the “Reign of Terror” from 1972 to 1976 on the Pine Ridge, Cheyenne River and Rosebud Lakota Reservations in South Dakota and the US Bureau of Indian Affairs Boarding and Church Missionary School systems designed to “kill the Indian and save the man,” Tiokasin has a long history of Indigenous activism and advocacy. He spoke as a 15-year-old at the United Nations - Lake Geneva, Switzerland. He is an active board member of Simply Smiles, Green Cross International, and The Center for Earth Ethics. Tiokasin speaks frequently at venues such as Yale University’s School of Divinity, Ecology and Forestry focusing on the cosmology, diversity, and perspectives on the relational/egalitarian vs. rational/hierarchal thinking processes of Western society. Host and Producer of First Voices Radio

Source: [firstvoicesindigenousradio.org]
from the First Voices Radio broadcast network.

@toronto_Georgia I remember the incident/event at Custer, S. Dakota in 72 or 73. Quite familiar with the boarding & missionary, being from Minnesota and Cass Lake at Leech Lake although born at White Bear Lake 😉

I seen a certain dance in late July 1992 at or near the Badlands after being at Kadoka and eating buffalo burgers lol long story there lol Bob Barker - The Price Is Right's Bob Barker was from Rosebud

When I looked up Ghosthorse, he looked familiar and maybe I talked to him at Sinks Canyon, Wyoming. But I am not positive about it being him. It is just outside Wind River & Lander.

Thanks for the more food for thought & the radio link

@Weltansicht YW

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347232
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.