slug.com slug.com
3 3

I know a lot of people aren't feeling themselves lately. Whether it's because of COVID-19 or something personal going on. These past eight weeks or so I've been feeling down for personal reasons. I haven't felt this sad in a long time. It's gotten to the point where my normal routine and sleep schedule are all out of whack.

I've been trying to get back to normal and going to sleep at earlier times. It's typical I'll stay up till about 2:00 to 2:30. A few times recently I haven't fallen asleep until 5 or 6 or even just not sleeping at all through the night. It's been about three weeks since I've been up the whole night though.

Really I've just been at a crossroads and haven't decided what to do about my current predicament. I can't seem to make up my mind one way or the other. I'm leaning towards just moving on with my life but I feel like I need to do something to get some kind of closure.

So far I've just been trying to keep myself occupied and distracted. It's working for the most part. Some days are worse than others. I've been feeling relatively better and focising on getting my routine back to normal. I've just also been tyring to focus on the positive things no matter how small they are. Like eating my favorite cereal or watching a good movie. I know at some point I have to deal with my emotions. I just don't know how to go about it yet.

It's easy to feel as if you're alone especially in these times. I know Jaclyn has been pretty open about mental health and that's my reasoning for posting this here of all places. I feel comfortable enough to open up a bit here. I also want to encourage anyone who sees this to share how they're feeling. Like a mental health checkpoint of sorts. Much love.

TylerZIM 5 May 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, you really opened up and explained how i felt when I was suffering from depression. This really seems like depression, but it doesn't mean it will last long. My advice to you is to fight this by being active, staying focused, going to sleep at a normal time (before midnight if possible), getting up early and doing tasks, finishing what you need to finish. See people and be active socially as well (not online but in real life). Control your day by controlling the time you go to sleep and the time you wake up. With this you'll be strong mentally.
I felt really messed up during the quarantine in my home country, which has now been over for almost a month now, but I felt terribly. Took me a while to get back on feet, but the depression which lasted up to a few years ago was what I remember when I read your post. Don't let that continue, deal with your problems directly, fix anything that bothers you, please don't let depression get you. Stay safe

If this helps, you’re never alone. Especially at times like these. I think it would be weirder if this situation didn’t affect you. I don’t know about your personal problems, but I’ve been struggling with mental health issues, almost my entire life. I was just recently, before the entire covid tragedy unfolded, diagnosed with CPTSD, which was caused by relentless and daily school bullying over a time period of 4 years. Nevermind, I believe it made me more empathic, deeper and self reflecting, than I could have ever been without it. Who knows what it was good for, but I really try to see the positive in it, even if it seems impossible at times.

I appreciate it. I too have a history of being bullied but it stopped for me in 8th grade. It wasn't as bad for me. I'm glad people can become better through bad situations. I went through some heavy stuff in high school unrelated to bullying but a decent amount of perspective helped me move past it.

Assuming one doesn't already exist, once you reach level 4 you could maybe start a Covid related mental health support group. Try doing a group search first on the topic. Such a group might help some.

On a side note, just wanted to give you a heads up that at times this app/site can get addictive, it's already kept me up late on multiple occasions.

Thanks for the tip. I'll consider doing that.

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 19 More

Posted by OprichnikiNext I watch muppets Haunted Mansion! 👍 👻 Happy Spooktober everyone! 🎃

Posted by OprichnikiReligious faith corrupts and absolute religious faith corrupts absolutely.

Posted by GodlessPlease join the Atheist Watch Facebook Group. We are anti-feminist [facebook.com]

Posted by jaclynglennfanTrying To Find Other Jaclyn Glenn Fans

Posted by caseyxsharpHere, I want to tell some things that might be helpful for you.

Posted by caseyxsharpHere you can probably find this information more appealing to you than anyone else, so I'm gonna speak it to you instead.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey you know what's great to eat, an omelet on a tortilla with spicy corn beef and Dioblo taco bell sauce.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey you know what's great to eat, an omelet on a tortilla with spicy corn beef and Dioblo taco bell sauce.

Posted by caseyxsharpThis is about.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey.. So you would like people to say things to you that they think of you on here, right, is that right?

Posted by caseyxsharpHey.. So you would like people to say things to you that they think of you on here, right, is that right?

Posted by havenonoHi, Jaclyn! You're nice.

Posted by CollieSo thankful to you Jacker-Lin-Glenn, for telling me about this Slug business

Posted by MadisonAvenueThe Red Book Is Public Now.

Posted by CleverFoxFaceH-O-L-A ppl

• Top tags#video #world #reason #god #youtube #hope #truth #society #TheTruth #hell #evil #videos #humans #Atheist #government #money #death #media #hello #kids #book #devil #Canada #Christian #earth #freedom #children #culture #Jesus #community #created #rights #religious #evidence #Police #fear #racist #bullshit #religion #friends #vote #China #atheism #Constitution #laws #Christians #faith #church #belief #liberal ...

Members 1,322Top