slug.com slug.com

2 3

I'm sure that all governments are corrupt one way or another. It's just the matter of which government is least corrupt.
Could there be a way to prevent dark money? Or just allow it instead of trying to regulate it?

Democrats have said they want to ban dark money as uniquely corrupting, since it allows supporters to quietly back a candidate without scrutiny. Yet in their effort to defeat Trump in 2020, they embraced it.

[bloomberg.com]

Naomi 8 Jan 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is called "double speak" in Orwell's 1984!
I hope the military acts soon to take these thugs out in the USA and Canada!

Whatever you think is the moral thing to do, assume the Dems will spout it, then flaunt it.

Yea, I get the GOP is not much better - as you suggest, just a matter of degree.

When my brother and I were young, I always said "yes" to anything my parents wanted, then didn't do them and got into trouble

My brother on the other hand, objected to do those things upfront and got into a lot of trouble for it.

I embraced before I knew the phrase "easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission"

Hello. I was reading an article the other day about some big corporate donors changing their side; stopping donating to Republicans and supporting Democrats instead. Big companies are obviously and shamelessly focused on profit. While integrity and high ethical standards should be expected of politicians we elect, I'm sure that they don't want to do anything to upset their donors. And sadly, those very politicians under the influence of their donors constitute their government - our government. It seems that it is nothing to do with principle, integrity, whatsoever. I think that it's a sad reality.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:178232
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.