slug.com slug.com

5 4

I am not a fatalist - I do not believe in fate or predetermined destiny. Once in a while something comes along ( a word, a phrase, a stanza, a poem?) that fills a need inside. Something that is fitting - profoundly fitting for the time and place in which I exist. This is one such thing. I hope it touches you the way I experienced it. It is just under 5 minutes long.

iThink 9 Feb 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for posting this. It is exactly what I needed to hear this morning. 🥰

Compare yourself to God to be humbled.

??

For Christians (some anyway), I believe in destiny, but not exactly fixed destiny, but
co operative destiny, synchronistic. And I believe in prayer, the effectual outworking of prayer. One must think before communicating with the Highest.

I try to follow the counsel of the apostle Paul in the book of Phillipians, think on what is good. A training of the mind. As this poem contrasted: noise and clamor
vs. peace within.
When major upheavals come, like storms, we must wait until it passes: it passes.
One suicidal friend heard me when I asked him if he thought he'd have these great difficulties in ONE YEAR. Something cleared, he said 'not. He lived, lived through the extreme difficulties (they can be extreme), but...it passes. Everything passes.

Very nice. Good wisdom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:182577
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.