slug.com slug.com

2 5

At Least 57 Shot in Chicago Over Labor Day Weekend

[oann.com]

I guess that's what they call celebrating in Chicago these days. I never go there any more.

KeithThroop 9 Sep 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember being in Chicago in early 1990s and there was 2 murders a day average going on and posters and flyers on lamp posts about it and grassroots efforts to get it to stop. I was in Chinatown on Wentworth, a bit south of Cermak, and got accosted by a street gang, and I just said to them, "Do you want to be 3, 4, 5, & 6 today?" and they walked around me and left me alone.

You can still go, but in an armored car with special tires, wearing a bulletproof vest.

We used to go up to Chicago at least once or twice a year to see the Cubs play, but we haven't gone up there for at least three years now. It is just too dangerous.

@KeithThroop we have a city like that over here in Mindanao, and it's called Islamic City of Marawi. Had to go packing (work related), and that was back in 1997 yet. Was told not to stay beyond 5pm.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264757
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.