slug.com slug.com

2 5

Manchin: IRS bank reporting proposal dropped from budget bill

Removing the provision would poke another roughly $250 billion revenue hole in the bill's offsets

The Treasury Department initially proposed reporting on all accounts with at least $600 flowing through them. That threshold was later raised to $10,000 on top of wages, salaries and federal benefits after a storm of protests from business and banking interests...
But Manchin said even a $10,000 threshold would be too intrusive. And business and banking groups echoed that view in a letter to Biden this week.

[rollcall.com]

Garsco 8 Oct 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Free is getting more expensive all the time...

Another victory for sanity! In my estimation there are only three prominent Democrats who have any sanity, Joe Manchin, Kristen Senima (sp?) and Lt. Col. Gabbard.

It's only temporary.

@ScottforKing I hope it lasts, but the pressure to conform is building.

@FuzzyMarineVet I do see bits of change, nibbles around the edges of insanity. Perhaps we may be witnesses to a renaissance.

@ScottforKing As I was saying, Timmy is growing up.

@FuzzyMarineVet Timmy?

@ScottforKing He's still a kid to me, so the diminutive fits.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280877
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.