slug.com slug.com

10 5

LINK Freedom of speech died today!! Julian assange arrested!!

Freedom of speech was finally laid to rest in Britain today, on behalf of the USA!

WorldSigh 9 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The hunt is now on for everyone associated with Assange! Apparently, their are Russian trolls everywhere except for the education system...)! [rt.com]

The reason reason asylum was revoked. As always follow the money:

Source:

Exactly!

Seems Mr Trump has Selective Memory when it comes to Julian Assange.

Trump is obviously just another elite shill. The flavour of the month for the ignorant masses is orange meringue! Enjoy the bread and circuses! And, above all don’t forget to keep hating those around you...

Update on the Rape claim.

I have found out that the swedish extradition has been withdrawn, as the original accuser has withdrawn the complaint. He is being held in Britain for Bail breeches by hiding in the embassy. Once british law is satisfied, then if america applies in time he could face extradition.

I am only stating this in the value of discussion, and clarity. I am in no way making any judgement of the man here, Except the British charges are not to do with his wikileaks site. They stem from a n earlier extradition request from Sweden.

And he has broken British law by breeching Bail terms imposed by a British court.

So lets hope there is still room for freedom of speech in the UK, but I don't hold high hopes.

I have never lived through such a disgusting assault on our Freedom of Speech. All around the Western World, in every Country!? Am moving to Poland.

Hmmm... cracking a PASSWORD to gain access to the PENTAGON'S COMPUTERS... really? That's what they're going with? Telling the WHOLE WORLD that all it takes to get at US Military secrets is ONE SILLY PASSWORD? Ah-- I know, they forgot to use one of those 'special characters'. Probably the up-your-ASSterisk. That would be my guess.

Yeah, that's the only alleged crime I saw in the charging document. I didn't read it very closely. But it seems odd to me that a password would be required when Manning already had security clearances. Just seems fishy to me. Makes me think of that charge of soliciting murder that was thrown into the Silk Road mix that turned out to be false. They throw a little something in there that looks like a real crime in order to punish those who have only broken the unwritten law, "don't challenge power."

Hopefully he gets a good jury. Another reason why free speech is so important, so we can hopefully educated one another and get ourselves ready to do the right thing should we find ourselves on a jury...the only real check on power that we still have left, and one that depends upon us being educated and of character.

@WingedRyno Yeah, it's bullshit, IMO. But it doesn't matter. They have what they want now, him in their clutches. And now they can go to work destroying his reputation, Wikileaks and 'teaching the rest of us a lesson'. Julian's crime though wasn't Free Speech, rather it was spitting in the eye of the powers that be. Not that it will make much different, and perhaps it's a hair that doesn't matter if its split anyway. (shrug)

Haha well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

Torn on this one,

The man is wanted in Europe for Rape. They have first claim on extradition, Unless there is a statute on limitations for Rape hearings, In that case, Its the US who are next in line for extradition. And its not really free speech, But can you post classified stolen information, and is about theft.

Its not clear cut freedom of speech. I'm more interested in the charges he is facing in his home country.

Cough - BS - Cough. Sorry, something caught in my throat there.

@Slavey The facts as I remember them ,

Its very old news, as he has been at the embassy over 7 years

He was arrested in Britain, after Sweden sought extradition for a Rape claim, The British police allowed him to be interviewed by Swedish police, who then sought the original extradition. Assange was released on bail, where he fled to the embassy, claiming once in Sweden he would be sent to America, Who at that time had not sought extradition.

He is now in British Prison, for Bail breech, against the original Swedish extradition process. The American application is next in line if the Swedish claim is expired. His current problem is a bail breech.

Is it a real claim?,,, Dunno, Sweden's rape laws are weird. Is it right to send him there for trial, the British courts had to decide that …

All I'm saying is that there is a lot to this, and it gets pretty murky.

Who accused him a women in Sweden, and the Swedish police were seeking the original extradition. But 7 years later …. Its A whole new ball game.

@jwhitten Please see the later update correction. But there are legal as well as freedom issues here 🙂

I have posted a update as I current understand it above

@Slavey Can you give a source for his being in Saudia Arabia? All my reading says he Is in a UK cell until he appears before a judge for charges resulting from the bail breech.

If he is outside Britain, then something really stinks.

They dropped that charge. And like so many rape charges, as Hitchens said, "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

If they were 1/10th as concerned about the Muslim gang rapes and defacing of white girls, Id think about it. Totally trumped up. Used. He looks a broken man.

@Slavey Exactly.

The sexual abuse charges in Sweden were dropped in 2017.

@2FollowHim It happens to every POTUS. Its part of the curse of office. Bill Clinton called it "The crown jewel of the federal penal system." Of course, he would know would't he? As he played the blues on his whoremonica...

He did the right thing like it or not he took the risk and exposed the truth. The ugly that people still don't know is beyond imaginable. Hero maybe not to some but to me a good guy to be remembered

Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons makes you a Patriot. But it doesn't absolve you of the consequences. I salute Julian Assange and I hope to God he has a whole bevy of incredibly top-notch and world-class lawyers to back him up.

He actually made a serious mistake. I don't know why he was vehement about Trump getting in?
But he said it was 'uneducated white trash' that won. Trump heard of that for sure. Trump doesn't forgive, holds his grudges. Julian just had to claim ignorance on US politics.

I watched our CURRENT Prime Minister Scott Morrison tell us Australians that JA will be treated like any other Australians with help from our UK Embassy!? He not a Normal Australian & I believe he needs help. Am so disappointed with our Government. Sorry all I’ve had my Rant.

@Tanya well politics play's a roll in everything and cover your butt and other's does as well he lealed alot of top names to pedophiles ect.

@2FollowHim I'm sure it was a staged show of support for the Dems a distraction of what was being gathered to soon be leaked time line's are very noteable sources of information.

@2FollowHim I don't think Assange is like us, in the sense that he is from among us. He seems to also be somewhat of an elitist, albeit one without a country to rule. So he began lighting fires to make things happen, rhetorically speaking. After awhile 'exposing the truth' became its own trip and there was definitely some element of power in it for him, but he flew too close, exposed the wrong secrets, and got some powerful people pissed off enough to go looking for him. When Hillary said during the election that they were going to send a drone out for him, he didn't know for sure whether she was joking or for real. That also shows you a bit by inference what Assange believed Hillary is capable of. And it's possible that he's not far off the mark in that either. We, the people, those huddled masses and wretched refuse, think we hold the reigns of power. But that is yet another illusion. The only power we have is that which we take and hold for ourselves. And one particular point to always remember-- The second amendment is the only thing which guarantees the first.

@jwhitten you never gain power from exposing the truth. The trip up is the prosses of power gain then when you reach the top there is a oath you must take and hold to if you take the iath you are swrown to secrecy if not then you are in the red book ( possible suicides) how he did not get killed i have no idea

@Gerri4321 You do when you're exposing the truth of those more powerful. For awhile there is the 'giddy' aspect of getting away with it and other people see you doing it so you begin to collect a bit of 'cult following'. For some people that's enough.

Just look at Tommy Robinson, for instance, the transformation he's made since he started and what he's going through now that he's made it clear that he's not going away, can't be bought off or quietly silenced. The Globalist / Establishment State is coming down hard upon him like a ton of bricks.

The whole thing plays out as an ever-increasing series of escalations. Each little tit-for-tat getting bigger and more audacious until finally that last line is crossed, the last straw placed on the proverbial camel's back-- and suddenly it isn't fun and games anymore, it's serious and people start getting hurt. Like they are in France with the Yellow Vest movement. They've blown past the novelty and are now busy digging trenches and lobbing bombs and real people are suffering the consequences. And it's picking up steam and happening in various ways all around the world.

So what do the Globalists really care? There's not much bad that's going to happen to them. If it gets ugly they'll simply pull up stakes and move to somewhere quieter where there's less action going on. Someone somewhere is always happy to be their lackeys. The only way to get their attention and some serious concessions is to 'bring it home' to them and make them feel it firsthand for themselves. And that's hard.

The civil war is coming.

@jwhitten it's not about a giddy cult following my friend it's about saving childrens lives and supporting The President in is effort to bring them down as well this is bigger then anyone can imagine it is part of NWO. if we don't stand together for the fight they my win this is my choosen path to do so. You think i have not been threaten think again. I fear GOD not man or Death.
Never intended it to be fun and games to even think it could be is shame on you or anyone. This is horrible crimes and if i help 1 family a week to better understand how to protect there family from this crime of government world wide i successfully did what i set out to do.
Thanks for you input i know about the tunnels

@Gerri4321 I suggest you look me up and go read some of my other comments in other threads.

Freedom of speech died the day he had to take asylum in the embassy in the first place because America was after his arse.

Nailed it.

Actually, Sweden was seeking the extradition for Sexual Accusations. (Sweden Calls a lot Rape) and he skipped bail.

@The_Q yes Sweden most Certainly Does have a lot of Rapes. The Government should be sacked for what is happening to the Original inhabitants of this Country. Where’s the UN? Silent as usual.

@The_Q not since the refugees moved into sweden. Now it's the rape capital of the world

@Leelumorticia Ironic, on so many levels.

where they turn up at your door to rap you on the wrists for comments you make on the internet that they don't like...

And that's the part we need to fight against .

Free speech, Open debate, The most critical parts of thinking and reason. … Probably why so few now know how to think. But this site is helping change that, One post at a time.. I hope.

"The U.S. indictment accuses Assange of assisting Manning in cracking a password that helped the former intelligence analyst infiltrate Pentagon computers."

Accessory to hacking the Pentagon. Has nothing to do with free speech. I'm for transparency for the most part, but if you want to expose wrong doing, you need to do it legally, otherwise you risk prison....five years it looks like.

@Slavey Every day, apparently. Or so says Rachael Maddow.

Yep its a difficult one, as I support free speech, but criminal actions, including some of what he is accused of, make the debate perhaps less about free speech.

I really am unsure on this one, It's interesting to watch.

@Slavey

He will get his day in court.

@Slavey

Who is they?

@Slavey

The British? Not trying to be a dick, just looking for clarity.

@Slavey where did you hear he had been sent to Saudi Arabia? I haven’t heard about that.

Seems like an odd charge to me. Manning had security clearances and access to the data, not sure about this whole "password" allegation. Might very well be a false charge meant to convince those of us who see this as a violation of the First Amendment to get onboard with this action against Assange. Or maybe he did really try to hack the Pentagon himself and is guilty of breaking that law.

Without evidence that he did it, I'm going to assume he did not do it.

@Judah80 Maybe. Given the alleged crime and the purported subject matter they could easily slap a national security cloak over the whole thing and then we would never see / hear / know what happened to him. And you know he would never get a fair trial under those circumstances.

@jwhitten

I don't know that actually.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29747
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.