slug.com slug.com

2 1

LINK REVEALED: DuckDuckGo Sells Private Search Information of Users to Microsoft

DuckDuckGo, a search engine that claims to be privacy oriented, has betrayed their users yet again.

The search engine is being exposed for selling information to Microsoft through a third-party tracker on their smartphone app.

sqeptiq 10 May 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad I dumped them for Brave Search long ago.

Whenever a service or a product is offered free, you and your data are the product from which the producer earns income.

Makes me wonder about this site...

@Naomi Paranoia is the smear that the people who are out to get you use to lower your guard. Reagan was right to "trust, but verify." I like what Rumble/Locals is doing to set up a parallel economy in social media, but they still use the same business model. Who gets the data? We do need transparency like Ian Crossland says every time he talks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:341570
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.