slug.com slug.com

2 2

Throughout my lifetime, it seems, we have watched people in our nation abandon the idea of a supernatural God, first by steps and more recently by leaps & bounds. They replace the supernatural God with man-made Gods — or worse, themselves as God. "Secular religion" sounds like an oxymoron, but that's exactly what we experienced in the first three quarters of the 20th century (roughly) and, after a brief & sometimes halfhearted resistance to it, appear to be headed toward again. I recommend watching & sharing this 13 minute video from Academy of Ideas. It encapsulates the problem facing us, putting it in terms everyone should be able to understand.

Academy of Ideas video (13 mins ):
"Is Government the New God? — The Religion of Totalitarianism"

Wordmage 8 June 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Romans 1:18-32 shows exactly what happens when a people puh-puh, scoff and turn their backs to God, and the effect is exactly as described.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever..." -Thomas Jefferson

Good video. Thanks for sharing it! 😀

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347388
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.