slug.com slug.com

2 0

Alerts

I'm at my wits' end. Can anybody help me get my alerts back?

GaryMysels 8 Feb 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Try tapping on the bell icon at top, then select the gear to go into the settings if that doesn’t help then I will give you a full refund.

Refund? You are a cruel, cruel man. 🙂

@bobbo666 your deposit has been refunded, you should see the balance in your account in 2-3 business days. If it still doesn’t show contact the United States postal service for a tracking number.

They've become a pain in the ass of late!

Gonna need more than "help!". What is going on? Some context, backstory, please.

Thanks for your reply. For most of my time here I had been getting several likes and comments on my posts. A couple weeks ago I tweaked my settings, and suddenly the likes and comments stopped completely. I haven't had a single one of either since. There must be something I can do, but nothing I try works.

@GaryMysels Can you UN-tweak your tweaks?

Yeah, yeah, probably bloody impossible to remember. You may have to create a new persona and start over here.

@bobbo666 That's harsh. Isn't there some default position for settings that I can return to?

@GaryMysels I'm just spitballing here, like when I install a new program onto a PC and all 'Ell breaks loose. You need to find someone "in charge" at Slug on the IT side and pummel them with questions.
What you did anyone else can do. They need to help out, and then caution the rest of us.

@bobbo666 Yes, but I've already sent 4 (or 5) requests, and I haven't gotten any response. You are the only person who has offered any sort of help.

@GaryMysels Keep plugging away, dude.

@bobbo666 There is a setting that says, "Show my posts by default on my profile page instead of my comments." I have that turned off, but my comments stubbornly continue to appear on my profile page. ???

@GaryMysels Is there a button that says something like: "restore to default"? I've found that if I piddle about (I am after all, an engineer, we live to piddle about) with a piece of hardware like my router there is a button hidden away somewhere : "restore to factory default settings".
Perhaps there is one on this blog.
Lacking that, ask them to do so. Not as bad as starting off with a new identity.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:401170
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.