slug.com slug.com

6 7

Beautiful 83 degrees and sunny today…

Garsco 8 Feb 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You wild and crazy gardener you!

April 15th is our no freeze date. Have had lots of rain so I haven't tilled the garden yet. Last year I made green tomato mince meat so I went for quantity. Must have grown close to two hundred pound of tomatoes. I used 70 pounds of green tomatoes for the mince meat and ate or gave away the rest throughout the growing season mostly, July to October harvest.

This year I want to go for quality over quantity. I notice the quality (flavor) declined throughout the season. Any green tomatoes in the fall I will turn into fried green tomatoes. How do you maintain the flavor and what causes it to decline?

Hard freeze 2nd weekend in March.

Must be nice, I had sub freezing where I’m at.

I'm so happy for you, especially since you have raised beds.

A ways to go yet, but almost already through the first two months in the year, and that went by fairly quick. About 34 degrees here today, and rainy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:401502
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.