slug.com slug.com

7 4

So what are your reactions?

Donald Trump has been charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, making him the first former US president to face a criminal trial.

Live: [bbc.co.uk]

Naomi 8 Apr 4

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am saddened to see this unfold. The US can no longer lecture another country about democracy now that they have indited the front runner in the next federal election. God help us all when the Republicans have control again and decide that Biden, Obama and Clinton all deserve similar treatment.

Howdy @Naomi,

I think the Dems have just chosen Trump as the Republican nominee for the '24 election cycle.

I didn't favor Trump in the '16 election, but when alternative was (hopelessly corrupt) Hillary Clinton, I voted for Trump. I was very pleasantly surprised by his competence.

This prosecution is proving every allegation Trump makes about rhe establishment arrayed against him. A possible misdemeanor, which is past its statute of limitations, is prosecuted as a felony because a non-disclosure agreement might have affected the 2016 election.

I am finishing Mary Chesnut's Civil War Diary. MS Chesnut was the wife of a highly placed Confederate politician and general. What struck me at the beginning was how her descriptions of Lincoln paralleled today's Democrat descriptions of Trump. In their eyes Lincoln was a man so monstrous, so threatening as to justify any action taken to thwart him. I think that's what we see playing out in Trump's arrest.

Americans have NO CLUE what a F gun is !?!?!?!? PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's one of the rare exemplars for the custumary American summation of injustice: show me the man and I'll show you the crime.

I think the NY DA might have just appointed the next PoTUS.

Hello. How are you?
I heard someone saying that Trump could still stand for the next presidential election even fom prison, if he wanted to, because the Constitution does not say that he isn't allowed to do so... or did I hear that wrong?

@Naomi

The only requirement to be president is natural born and 35. The only disqualification is conviction for treason/insurrection against the federal (general) government. We've had candidates campaign such that one might) from jail.

Oops, conviction in the Senate of a House impeachment can also prevent further public office, if I remember correctly.

@Naomi

Oh, an I'm mostly very well, thanks. My apologies for skipping the pleasantries. How rude of me. You're well as well, I hope.

@govols I'm fine, thank you.

Sad. Vindictive. Totally predictable. The Left will eventually get their due. But I think we have bigger problems than the fate of Donald Trump.

SO He's the first one?!! OH OK!

Hi.
Ulysses S. Grant, the sitting president of the United States, was arrested in 1872 for speeding in his horse-drawn carriage in Washington, D.C. Apparently, this is the only known record of a sitting US president being arrested.

The Progressive left will not rest until they have publicly executed him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410119
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.