slug.com slug.com

4 1

Does anybody else here just assume you're on some stupid government watch list for your online activity? I have this habit of just highlighting text and searching in a new tab, winding up with sometimes dozens of really insane web stuff open. Even without considering my purchase history, my search history alone makes my own self question any good standing I might ever have had with humanity.

And we all know the data is collected and run through various AI, some of which are run by the spy guys....

govols 8 Aug 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get Brave Browser and a VPN. Malwarebytes has come out with a VPN I will be looking into.
Yes, if you are not paying for the product, you are the product.

I grew up in a small town everyone knew everything you did. Doesn't feel that much different. The answer is to just stop cancelling people not to have privacy. In a small town the gossips would have everyone "cancelled" if anyone paid attention to them. As far as the government spying on us it didn't take AI, facial recognition, or even an internet for any previous authoritarian government to fill "reeducation camps". What it takes is a population that is complicit with authoritarianism. What it really comes down to is we have a lot of really foolish citizens who think it isn't coming for them.

I have an entry in the FBI somewhere - I know I was survellied (sp?) back in the 80s when friends were raided by the Secret Service - we were what became known as black hats. Although I never went as far as a couple of friends, we "broke" into many federal computers....because we could. I never did anything more than 'look around' and backed out. Others did more and paid for it. I am pretty sure of phone being tapped twice in the early late 80s early 90s.

I don't think I've been flagged since - but it is possible about 10 years ago (I helped start a political party and was the first Executive Director).

I think more people are looked at than people realized, I also think less people are watched than believed.

Yes, I have to assume very few of us are under active consideration, but I have to further assume that we're all monitored using AI. I picture it as almost all of us in "green" almost all of the time, and a few of us doing odd shit from time to time that slides us toward yellow from time to time. "List" isn't the right conception, but it was embedded in childhood via Santa.

Dear God, I just wondered if "they" call it "Santa's List?"

You've been a naughty girl. What do you think about what they are doing to Julian Assange?

@warminster100 I think he made lots of enemies on both sides of the political aisle and both sides want him for different reasons - he has one 'trump' card and I think he doesn't know to whom to play it.

@tracycoyle Interesting that the USA wants him to testify in case about "Seth Rich". Debby Wasserman Shultz, John Podesta and the DNC must be on alert!

I have a VPN, which supposedly keeps you hidden. I decided to give DuckDuckGo a try the other day. I typed in a search subject, clicked on a hit and immediately got a message: “Google and Facebook tried to follow you, but we blocked them.” I think I’m in love.

And, the hits for “controversial” topics seem far more evenly distributed. I don’t have to wade through pages of Wikipedia, Snopes and MSM debunking articles before reaching real content.

All I need to do now is transfer all my favorites over, and I’m all set.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120957
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.