slug.com slug.com

4 8

We don't forget...

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Long Kiss Goodnight.

It is said that in every generation there is one single event that those alive will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. My parents had three, Pearl Harbor, the assassination of JFK and the attack on 9/11.

The JFK assassination, the landing on the moon, the Challenger crash, 9/11. Many of us have been around for all of them....

My parents remembered all, AND added D-Day because they were in England then, but Pearl Harbor also.

The good, the bad and the ugly. Life.

@tracycoyle You claiming to be as old as I am?

@FuzzyMarineVet 64. I remember the news breaking about President Kennedy being shot.....and I was fully aware for all the rest.

@tracycoyle On November 22, 1963, I was in kindergarten. The school rolled televisions into the classrooms and had all the children watch. One of my classmates, Martha, began to cry and I held her hand. That's my most vivid memory of Kennedy's assassination.

@FuzzyMarineVet about the same age. and the same time in our lives. Interesting that while we couldn't really understand, we DID understand it was very important.

We will never forget 9/11

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367228
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.