slug.com slug.com

2 3

Meh, this posting sucks, can get pretty boring just standing around. Not that it's much better marching/driving in the parade. Anyways, have a spare moment and thought I'd share this, from a business I patronize. Check out the blue sign, got a chuckle out of that one.

SpikeTalon 10 Oct 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Garsco @KeithThroop @FuzzyMarineVet @eschatologyguy

Since you were the ones so far who had interacted on this post, thought I'd share this too- [mcall.com]

Back in 2016 I was still living in Emmaus, and can remember the controversy over Xtreme Gun Worx wanting to move their business into the borough. Giddings and the relatively few others who had agreed with her were actively going around the neighborhood trying to round up more supporters for their cause, but they were outnumbered by those who weren't at all bothered by another gun store moving into town. Not surprisingly, Xtreme Gun Worx has not contributed in any way to an increase in violent crime in the neighborhood, and the schools in Emmaus are pretty secure. At that time, I lived about a block away from Xtreme Gun Worx, and often walked past there on the way to a convenience store that was across the street.

Over the years the only incident in Emmaus I can recall that involved homicide by firearm was back in August 2000, when 15 year old Kevin Kleppinger (who was a friend of mine at the time) was shot point blank in the head by 25 year old Michael Gambler.-
[findagrave.com]

Sorry to hear that spike. I know from personal experience. It is something you carry with you for life. Hopefully, your point was gun sales have kept it from happening again. It is good you remember Kevin to us all here.

I love it! And I noticed it is a veteran owned business, which I also like. I looked them up online. Looks like a great business.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374560
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.