slug.com slug.com

83 4

What is everyone's opinion on the word "Retard"

Something I am noticing in the culture is the repetition of the phrase, "you can't say that anymore". I don't necessarily think evolving the language to a more sensitive state is a good thing. So I'd like to know that what you guys think about a word, that I used to use to add dynamism and mild shock to mt speech for the sake of humour.

• 63 votes
  • 29 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 85 votes
Marcus_Aurelius 7 Mar 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

83 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I defer to the infinite wisdom of Doug Stanhope on the word ‘retard.’ YouTube his bit and you won’t be disappointed.

No words should ever be off limits. All power words have is power given by the beholder, so if somebody is ‘hurt’ by words then as far as I’m concerned that’s their problem.
I feel the same about the word ‘Nigger’ as well. I get that it has historical significance but I don’t see the value in holding onto past hurt vs moving on and overcoming.
People who feel like a victim are clearly going to function in a less healthy way than people who do not.
Catastrophising leads to depression.
In fact much of what CBT looks to correct can be applied to the way people view words like ‘Retard’.
If somebody is not directly insulting you, grow up and get over yourselves.

This word has more than one useage in the language we speek. Buzz off.

Mental retardation is an official diagnosis. The word has become taboo. I worked with this population, and I know that people get violently offended by this word. Take this into advisement. Also, we have the First Amendment in my country. One more thing. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt you.

Discussing the diagnosis is one thing... using it as an insult is somewhat different... moronic, stupid, etc etc is a better way.... to be honest I use, "ignorant" a lot - with the hope that they can be taught their ignorance, but I get it.

And yes, I'm the guardian of my brother-in-law, who is mentally retarded. He's a permanent 10 year old. And bluntly, he's happier than most of the rest of the world... so, not much of a slam...

@Paisley_Pirate moron and idiot are also diagnoses that became common insulting parlance. I've been called a regard by my older brother for as long as I can remember.

I'd never call someone that as an insult or joke. But I have too much of a life to be outraged at everything everyone else is saying. It's whatever.

I never thought about before my youngest boy. He's severely autistic. At first it was terribly offensive, caused a riff in my family. He's 8 now and we still don't like hearing it, but we know most don't mean harm.

Kind of reminds me of LBJ. He would try to say "negro", but it would come out "niggero".

I don't have a problem with the word itself but I have seen it used in very damaging ways. It really depends on the emotion you put behind it just as much as it depends on the emotion the person your using it on attributes to it.

I've seen people attach an incredibly harsh intention to it that came across and eventually built into belittling, dam near abuse. Hiding behind it being a joke only works if your not using it specifically to tear person down.

This can infact happen with any word, and so I think the intent of the person is more important than the offence another might feel. Your emotions are the only ones you have controle over after all.

I think you are right to say intent matters, as I think the word can be used derogatorily, but it can also be used playfully. And I have to admit, my favorite people to talk to tend to have creative ways of speaking, including in how they use offensive words. There can be real creativity in swearing when interacting with people, and the politically correct ethos seems to be slowly taking more vocabulary off the table, dulling what could be interesting interactions.

I think that this word falls into a category of words that can hurt the feelings of innocent people regardless of how you mean it. When I use the term "innocent people" I mean people we care about offending because they don't deserve to be offended, they're not jerks or doing anything to harm anyone with the fact that they are who they are.
There are not really a lot of words that fall into this category so it should be really easy to find another word to use. IE: jerk, ass wipe, ass hat, douche canoe, jolly wanker, spud juggler, and many more.

A great word to discribe liberals.

This may just be me, but i think Mentally Challenged sounds way worse than retarded.

Mentally Disabled is also a bad one. Just imagine a Doctor drop his clipboard, stare you in the face and say, you suffer from a Mental Disability. Great, so you are trying to say I'm retarded with bigger words... that's worse!

The word simply means 'delayed,' not stupid or ignorant. If your local county has a Board of MR/DD the MR stands for "mentally retarded." In my opinion, the word delayed carries no specifically negative connotations; though I'll concede the point that most would consider 'on time' preferable to 'delayed.'

I wonder about that, since mentally retarded people seem so damned happy all the time! Innocent, too.

Happy and innocent, hmmm. Certainly preferable to intelligent and tormented.

I was waiting for me to hear someone ask that. I do think I have the perfect thing that I would think about saying if I could. I am a very smart person that never even knew before that I was ever just as smart as I am now and know it, of course, understandable, but however, the strange thing it's not nearly like that dude, if only this might be a conversation right now of me telling you just be to point out that just thing that I could that not so ever did you ever know before, anything, but that's alright, about that like, it's like, exactly guy, that's the thing right there, no that's not the strange thing you know man, just imagine me saying this if you could right now, if I right could be the one to be telling you exactly literally strange get this, if I could tell you that, then I'd, I would, be telling you right now you get it that literally just exactly that, something isn't strange about that you know, what I could tell you then, is that alright, so I say now like this, but for real seriously could if you wanted to imagine how just that makes me feel that I'm saying, now, that, this sucks, I mean it gets started just like this, you don't know this, because it does, literally like when, whenever, this happens that, you started now just that anyways so just like you know this it I mean but not that you're thinking you know and you know just like that it's so that it's your first time now to think it although this is the reason that it doesn't happen, because it's both literally your first time thinking it and noticing this just started happening for you to think it too, because, because the reason is because, that it's like oh you know I think you think you know why right alright, isn't because it's so that you don't know that when it starts, you do too, isn't it obvious, it's because you know already it but at the same time you learned it from no one at all except and the reason this is it is because you never had to say you know, since because you really did just know this right when it started happening and because no one ever did made you learn it, you know it now, but it was just, like that for me, I wasn't just you know born smart just like that, someone elsewhere or than I can ever remember myself, they said that something to me like this, you must always do your best because life is difficult and it's not just that life will suck for you like that sounds really it would actually sound like this now like oh it will suck for you otherwise but that's not actually what gets you what does would be then that the real reason life sucks would have been or would be then that it does suck but also like both what I'm saying now is because it's not life sucking to you but for you, life would really suck for you because whether it sucks for you or not the real truth simply just would be then life sucks the reason is because life does suck like it wants to be to you too, well, whatever, something like that, I couldn't ever have learned nor suspected this now then and then I mean because of that, like I'm saying so it's not that so what's strange, I'll tell you what is too wanna hear it, well truly I'm sorry about all that, thought that too I did, my first thought was no saying all that, my second thought was just I must be the one to, to set this all up for me, alright, I didn't know that not trying so hard ever was an option for I, it really did take me really like you don't know how long it could have took me, it did taken me a ready so super too long of a time just to figure this out myself for myself, I didn't mean so I am saying that I'm just left field super smart by the way, anyways, it gets better, hold on, so, this moment in time I be so like this and also not even knowing it knowing it myself so I, had thought then secondly eventually, eventually, that, maybe I really might be smarter than anyone out there in the world and like so and so saying so I thought that myself I right alright like kept thinking about how so I may actually only like that be the only one so ever to know this or this about me too I mean that I was the one first I do even now I think that for me right now that it's like way too maybe I am the only one that I would be thinking, too, thinking this too, even if, it, was, wasnt, me, like that, I do mean that like we'll so what if no one is ever knows that alright right, right, thought so I did so too, I mean yes though for pretty much just anyone who would know this yes I mean though it's though I like am really smart though you get it, but listen, this next thing I'm saying is the only first bump meant for so just to be a speed bump slowing us, I haven't even gotten near the yeah so I mean the good part, yeah that, that thing, but hey listen now, I'm just now saying so this, this, it's not or just listen a thing to me just you know that I meant that thing I don't know what that what would I maybe possibly know even, I think or, would possibly like to say that though that it's just this that yeah, so this, why would who you be, are I'm sorry, alright would right that you would like just like that now you're thinking I say so like maybe or I mean it's just like that I would possibly I will am and me I might just be like that ways like so yeah I like mean it like I would be the one you think I that I or I would be just the one, too, or maybe, you get it, I'm saying it this you getting it though alright, I mean, right, like that how I'm saying like that, I would, now, though, are you listening to me, I'm saying, for you to know if you will I shall say so too, I don't know that if it, could have been, that I will would I'm sorry alright what I'm saying so smart I just would be so like I'm saying you hear me too so that way so too smart that only I would be thinker and thinking this about me I only do know too, I mean, no, I actually shall say this, so like that, you mean this, right, that would I be like my the one to be thinking I mean I meant and meant way I only would have been the I only be the one to be saying be the one say saying this I do know it, no, yeah that's not how it how is way like, like yeah, no, it wasn't getting that to you now right, oh but I don't ever have to be telling saying that to you I now mean I do that you it is not that would it would like it be a thing for you to know is maybe possibly, I mean either, if you're still with so with hearing me I mean yeah hearing me this out on this, it be alright about like this now, so those are only two it's right the first time and both literally what one thinks just if they be thinking the one thinking this too, you're following me, so yeah now so then I shall say me saying too, that, with all that information now, if no one ever has been one to know this about you then that, it means that what's it whatsoever matters, so those were two things that happens, now you know is I having now to ask you then now that you know this right, alright, if then yeah if no one knows ever, ever just how so way too so smart, if you're the one that knows this though yourself you're the one, so ask yourself, now with this, third, yeah this thing so, now yeah you should be asking then to you that how then I mean would you even be the one to think thinking this right here you know, I thought it, but then, then I mean I don't know, the, that I mean that reason it's just why for that I wouldn't just say yeah I know this, I say it, like yeah you hear me saying it, but, this isn't ever a thing to me I mean that I would be saying to anyone so and that or I could ever too because no I wouldn't at I mean least I so wouldn't if just either or if I only knew or I had to tell be telling other people, but I'm saying it now to you so, other people, oh no, I could say that, I won't, but or I'd like for you to think too like that if I think I don't mean to then and now then I don't want you to think that's couldn't do thinking to do it, yeah that, I was say that I can do say that for myself that I can say it to you, I mean but yeah I can I mean can I though I mean I can say telling you this, this is so strange to me I know I am really smart but I think then you're not going to grow up to be liking thinking the only reason really because you know and you know it so because that's the thing to you that so just are you really smart well yes though that's why you know though, I can't imagine myself like I mean now though too be also the one to saying that to anyone much less not myself me doing that if I just would that would be telling you that though, I know what I'm saying but and another thing is on this that what I felt like saying was is if anyone would have told me this they will if you will I mean will have had too already could have they be one to now be saying yeah but this it's not like I would ever would ever be, be, telling you this for you to know too, so way I'm saying now, my third thing this all does one thing it causes this though, this is my to you strange, strange, thing, like now you can hear me too, it's just oh now you can answer me by the also way too anyways by the ways, yeah, now, if you did just have I mean been thinking of this, or now I mean that maybe or if you did just be the one to think this, then you'd be thinking this too, I mean too, alright listen, because then you'd be thinking right, not you, that not you is be thinking this right now too, oh yeah, yeah I yeah oh yeah I know, I know, I mean, I know, I can't imagine why anyone would be both telling and thinking this also well talking to another other person, normally I say I normally don't say I say be saying, yeah I know that too but I don't even like normally having to say that like I would say it, I don't like to, except so anyways so that's just me I think but I need to say it then if then like now this what we're talking we're talking too, I had to tell you that though yeah, but I, I meant well but I mean but it's like this however now if you think what I think be thinking right now about this thing, same thing you're be thinking, I would be thinking of saying this, I mean alright so I think I don't think of saying this would be saying even this now that I would be, I say that because if not for me telling you I won't be the right now if not for just me telling you that this, like now, I didn't have to too, I mean you get this it I mean right, so, but we'll anyways, this is happening now, I say anyways so, so, with that now said now, this is why I would do to do be telling saying to you instead now anyways too, this, if I would be, hey listen I mean I mean is that if I this would be right now me, then, if I would be and then I can be too, you see, I say to you now, that now for me just that it's just like am be because I also like thinking myself that I be would the one too though, though too, I would be the one to tell just you someone just someone this to anyone right now if I could too and I knew so too also, not me saying so this on this now, but because I would be the one just the one telling you this just now right now too though, but listen now, I don't have to though, see now, this thing it wasn't for me to know be to say to be to say to you now that I even can say you know you know either I mean either or that you would just know already too this I mean yeah this thing right now that you I know could just be the one thinking too, you know, right, why I don't have to you see, but because, you know now, now you know it too this thing but I never had to say for you to be thinking too though, I just had having to say so just that though too, I thought deeply about this now, thinking, or thinking like I'm saying I'm thinking, and I be thinking this day in and day out too, not ever, did, not did ever I have ever thought be saying this myself, so I mean, how would you really know this if this was I only be the one telling and otherwise be saying to you, right now to you, well, now that you say so too and you know I be thinking too, now listen and be thinking of this now, that like, if I could be saying then too, then too, I will be saying now that I've never not ever I even be the one to even think this either even now just I as I as just am be thinking of saying too right now too, so I would be telling just to you, it's just, this, I know I wouldn't be telling you saying this that to you, that I mean you don't know this too though just though too, can I simply say straight to my punch line, I can, oh yeah I know that I can I mean, it's just that this is the thing like a strange gremlin coming out of your trunk of your car kind of weird, I mean one I would have to be the one thinking this right now too if could just it be but yes though yeah that I would only have to be the one to tell at least I mean saying this to you just to know to for you to know just be knowing, this too, alright we got it out of the ways, way, I don't mean to be the one saying, to be one to tell just say to say I be saying this right now coming to you from me right and now, but, I just, have to though, no one told me this, I have to be the one to, to, to be, telling you this, that I know too, uh, so actually, yeah I can tell you be it you now, I mean that, that I could can I mean do be telling if can be saying well also, true and now this, this is me saying then to you so now, that, I really so uh and actually I don't really know and that or I do mean saying so I shall say that you think so that or that I meant now that it was is I just so that way really actually already questioning myself to both to wondering to know this just to be saying I so I think, I never learned this, this thing, that's just like is just is that I am telling is telling you to you this right now and right now too, I know this, you think so, so now, will you dare to say at least you think that if I only is am the only one to even ever know this himself myself and to myself that I would do know too, that you mean to ask me, now, you're thinking, gonna be ask, to me, so then anyways that must mean is it likes this and that is like even really that I could be the one to be to be to tell be telling you this now and right I mean now if just that it you think it so now that, that, I would ever since I be the one that and which means must it is exactly or that I was ever the one to be telling you, right, this, right now, just if to you ever even so for you now know that, that I know now, too, too, I can understand yeah, sorry yes, right yeah, yeah that you would be the one then thinking now if just then, then you'd be the one too that way is the one or I shall might as well say or something like that anyways that like that you be the one be if I would be thinking me being the one to just tell telling you this be this right now then that then if I could be that yeah then, yeah then yeah, I would be the one to just for your, to you for you to know this, right now, we'll forget about that and don't worry about it I will just be a the one to be saying telling you but be talking to you right now too like I just would have must have to be the one only saying, I don't know because and this is what I mean now so I wouldn't be even now just be the one to be saying this right alright but to you just right now, because, it's that, it's, right that, sorry, I'm meaning to say because that's it that's why it's what just that it is, how did I come into the presence now is be that it, and it now, is like, really how come it is that I know this, who told me what this, that be I that I think that I know thinking I now know this too, was that one is in my head the me anyways he did ever to know this to first even be thinking this too also, why do I not even care myself even to say for it be for myself too like I mean you ask then, be that I am the only one to be just is knowing this you know too myself that is that I do, and none of that alone was pretty much big enough strange to get any of my attention, you ask me this now, but, for me I just have to say this too, also, alright, if that was strange to you, well uh, then don't, listen to which that what I am about to say, I say this to you anyways too just like that too, that actually, you think it's like way saying so it just that be just actually that, like I'm saying also, how am I that I can that I can be telling you just right now this now too I mean you think I know, if I never be was that the one then that right now I say to be would think thinking be knowing this thinking and thinking this, then, how was, is, that if I never thought this, was ever learning this to me was ever to learning this, how come that can it be just possibly that maybe that this I am me and this is it is do be does be what that I am saying I'm thinking about of telling saying to you, now see, you can we can and I do mean now we can now, can be, saying, this is what we both know too, that maybe if just that, so, so then that is must, musts, mean that to us that we can know this is a thing to know ourselves, but, if it just wouldn't matter, then it wouldn't matter, just at all, this I say, I don't know except for that, that, I mean this sorry right yeah, maybe I'd say then, because hey hear me you got it too you know, then hey I'd be saying then that then, it means, it really just does, isn't mattering, doesn't matter I mean so I do too just too, you know why, simple, for it just to be this simply simple to whoever I'd be saying so to just to too, me is saying that I just think myself and was now I mean now is that it's only because, because only if it was would is just would be that it if it the both two of us talking to possibly be thinking this now you know too though that literally just like that I'm saying too is like that it that then won't even matter to anyone, so why then must we be wondering why we must be to be to saving this idea of we or I be ever that just one be either telling or saying this now, because, if it doesn't why must we be the who ones be to be thinking this and as well by the way also that it just would we just be telling this now and now to each other, too, like if just it if just could be we one of us though doesn't just know this though too, see it is strange, you're probably not a dumb person right, I get that even though I consciously am is telling myself I'm the smartest person on this whole entire planet right now, you'd be right for thinking and for just me to not can to be just be telling it having to tell it too and say I saying am even saying that too, I wouldnt, but so that just if that you do that you could do be to ask me like you know too what I think of this right now too, well, that now to, to tell you, no so I don't know and that I know because that be me telling saying that to you yet now then, this is just the way I is am be in this ways world right now, I would be the one to ask, no one could have told me, and also, just, that if, if I knew this too, then this wouldn't be, I am right now without mistake, there is no reason to right now, no reason just even to be asking then it be me though too that, that I could have been the one I am all along who is whom if that just be me then, then you know who'd I'd be who is asking them this just if you know would you know it be even they is you that who is really is to know this then, why must you ask me then, you'd know what I'd say though then, I can't be the one to have to tell you this just so is now is that you know it just to know it, you don't know this, but I do think you would not be the one thinking this even too, what I say to you now is this, this it isn't I wanting to tell it to you right now just for to me for me it's to me I be knowing this is me telling this for you I mean and to you too, so here that means it's I'll just be telling this to you anyways though I'm trying to, I was not the one to think of about me saying this to you, but I will say if you're listening now, that I mean it's that I won't even want to be the one to tell you this like even if I could say just be saying to you like you would be thinking right now, don't worry about it, that I'll just have to be telling it to you anyways, so here is this, now I say now to you because I would be, because I would be, I will just say be saying to you now that, the real reason all this is happening right now like I say, happening, is really because just like this, this, the real reason I'd not be thinking to be the one thinking that I can tell you this thinking that I could just do it, well it's like how you think to just it would be then clearly, clearly, because clearly right now, now, I say my only real reason for me saying so about anything on this strange thing, you would, logically be then, to me, to me just at least not a person I would be telling if could just even be telling and you wonder liking that thought it's you asking me like you'd really be liking to also too, you ask me this now, why do I think this that I am the smartest person alive on this earth that there ever was is too, because, yeah that's right, I can tell you so, I'd like to probably, but if I knew this, you think, but because you'd think be then you're thinking that if I did know this myself, I mean myself, that now then that I'd be the one that's could be telling you this if just only for you not knowing too, like, how does that even supposed to work you know, it's not like me if this I that I really would was the ever just one to be now that can possibly maybe be the who that does though too, that the it would ever just be me be telling be tell a person to you that this I know this only I do and just that so just that's just to mean that you don't even know this at all just if I'm be having to the one that tells this to you now.

I never really thought ever that if there was so much smarter people than I am that me be, that even I could ever even be just the one is then thinking oh they do really understand me I never even had to ask even, I always felt and thought like from me a kid thinking that until now is too, I don't know if everyone else is so just that dumb, but, you can just guess it then if even this I know this thing and even it's still strange to me for all that I am too, it's just so strange, that I didn't feel like telling you until now about, just guess you think what I think about this humans planet right here, well I really do though I think I do think though too just people are dumber than me dumber than me people are that so dumb, to me, you may not even be is thinking this too, that's kinda the point wouldn't you agree then if this, is me saying this to you now, right now like too that I am now, I mean I hope so but who's to even say you know, all I can say for myself, if you did had thought so, just so, that I could just be the one then I will say be though to say like this, I wouldn't there be there be me to you even so a even one like me having just be the one, that I could be and saying this to you then too, if that was what I was had even been wanting myself. That's another thing now, think about it, now you have that and to think about, if it's not you I just be saying, telling now that what this thing is to thing, is to, I mean is to you for just only you to think about too, well yeah, then, you should be thinking about this then, that id would has have to must be would be just the one saying telling to you now though too if you could even be the one imagines as so that as so is so that for you to think thinking now too about, this is so strange, I know I'm smart but though, but, this to you would even be strange to as well without like also without me having just to me saying it to you too, I've been this person to know this now, if you knew this too and me not saying it to you, then that must mean, you don't have to know this same as I just don't to even a be the one to just be saying it too, and yet that it strange, to be is that what's unimaginably strange isn't it though, strange, that you'd know this too and it not even me be being just could be the one to be just am telling this to too, you wanna ask me then, then I have to say to you then, I want to and I have to say, that I didn't for one ever know this I mean even I knowing this it this thing too it's like that I really ever even be is the one that's thinking this too like you know now. I just had to say that's me, just me thought, it's because that I know I am the one just am so this smart though, so I had, so have to I had having to be just the one am able right is can be saying this all you know to you too just if be me saying say also too. Now think about that, because this is actually what I wished not to say that you not be the one knowing to you knowing to know this too is right now that you'd even be either the one to know also.

My stumbling way path ways to this thought in my head right now, alright, this is really the real ways it be now that you get to think about too I mean if you get what I'm saying also anyways so, here's why really actually how that is though that I not be that be wanting the one be me to ever be one telling this and to other people too that's I mean other people though, this now, because I will would be thinking saying liking to say I like to say now if you think this too like me also, I need to say it then, do you think so, this, this is for me to me the that real way, ways, it would really be to then, if like not now that if I be that one say to say to be saying this now, right now seriously though, this, is what I'd be hoping that you'd be knowing, know, too, it's just this to forever always for me this too, now when you think like I do, maybe, I would just be saying also this way too, I was always told me myself in, this world, here, this world route rally right here my whole entire life along my along life for my life, it is, that I shouldn't be calling retards retards, alright, right, right, this has, it, was one of things those people it was only always those people, literally like always, other people too, because it has been, it has be, I grew up always thinking that and trying to figure out myself now why do other people like really it's seriously those other people that would be saying retards, they are retards because they are they retarded actually, now I've come to like me that be me, to learn knowing, now knowing, why people even do such a thing especially right that's like bad and you know as well those also the people do ways so just think ever thinking then that it is really too, you're not wrong, I mean, well, yeah, you know that you're not wrong for thinking that so, and, just like that, you know that those people, those can't help be helping it even, the mentally challenged persons now, that you don't have to be the one to think to be know this even at all to you too, why, no wondering it's truly alright, simply, is because and that is because like that for real it's like that they are mentally challenged people you have too well as good ever have to be the one to say, or that to know that then, is then, just if for it would be you just is would be like that a person be aware this, for this thing, so my wondering question is would be just is then, if you don't already know what I be saying like now right now, alright, it's just this that, you're not to ever to just be and be like that to ever be the one both and either to say this, to know, what you'd be thinking now about this just if you could be, that's the thing too, like that, you can be too and that can is something you will be would be able to know, know too, if you did just did that too, but here's my point, you never, be one, that has had to ever do this for it to you that you be to know this as well too, it's strange, like I'm saying, I don't mean to be, but just if you like really could listen to I be thinking alright though also, it's strange to me, even it be to you now to know be knowing too, why is it that it, this I mean, this thing, that is strange so that strange, right now too, now, alright, so if you could still understand me right now, this is a thing for just for you to think about though, not though that would and is me right now that just saying so you have to know this too just if for it to be that would could that be it you right now that be is knowing is this too also, you don't have to, except yeah that's just is me saying all that too, I understand this, like you, like anyone actually, I thought maybe like possibly if could be allowed, that I say I think anyone to anyone like right now that they shouldn't then right probably be the ones right like retards being to be the one thinking to be it's that if you don't even know all or nothing that like that about how wondering why also that retards, that's it be to you that it be you so just would be though to call be calling them retards too even, that then, maybe you should be the one to know then this too, just like that, so, I mean, then you shouldn't be then is the one to be even could would be calling that something you not know all but only because that you're thinking about calling now is retards for them to you right now be are retards just to you all along too, yeah, that's my thought.

You, see, just all that it so all just is, I mean which one of these do is it to you and to you that I'm asking then and now if this isn't me telling you something right now too, I'm asking, you think this is, was, I don't know, ironic, maybe even be possibly even be a little funny just too, this is what I be thinking, I don't know what about you. You never needed to know this basically, it makes sense, clearly, so it's, not though that, to you, I understand that too but, this is only literally just a thing just a thing like that can be just that like that way it's what that thing is, is, it is to you right, right now, just all that thing is a thing you wonder having about just to you why and thinking how it would, is, that it ever could be so you that to be just as is so is the one that knows this about well I mean yeah this that what I is be saying I mean right now, you'd think that you maybe should be the one that tells that person talking, so just, you're not so smart just is so that so just smart right now, I think I can see that yes but it's like that yeah that's like not no such a strange thing, a thing, to me, at all, like at, all, I have seen a lot of things and I usually can understand what's that what I'm seeing just even too, but no, you wanna know really what it is right now, that's I think actually really is really just so that strange though, I wish not just to be the one have, having to just be saying now except this is for me to say right now and you know right now just too, so, fantastic then, now I can say that I have not any need to even think what about just I'm about to say to you, hold on, I have this to say if even I for me to be saying to say just to say, I'll do it question me anyways and I'll say then just this then, hear it now, if you'd be the, one, just to then, be telling that to a person saying himself thinks he's smarter than I mean all that you can imagine me even at all be saying right now too though, then, why then would you also want to call yourself just be is yourself that unlike I say real retards be, even so I just think so I don't just think that you is who would be just knowing too and saying that at the same time like somehow it would make it then and not you is having any need to say it at all too that maybe then retards really be or sorry are that than even different than smart people if you could be saying this that all to a smartest person in this world too, I can't, I don't imagine that you'd be even doing that at least at all, would you say mentally challenged retards would just the same as smart people, be, the same exact one same as smart people for real, or let me rephrase that question then since I am can be too asking you a ways right now like this though, correction, this is my real question, if that's not you and you'll it be at all the you that is just that be could know be knowing this for yourself right now, just then, the question I could ask you if that for be being just is now, right now then you don't need to ask me then all but this because if you're not the one to know this, to be saying it able this right now, then, I don't have to tell you like anything for you to know just like this, I will be, say this, though to you just what it is to know, so if that's not you that you say so and sy so would say is you that knows if that's you right now, if just you thought about doing that telling that about this or that smart person, then yeah like that, that what, is that what I'll be saying to you think if you didn't already just know it like me that too am a one that I would be the one to know this then that's bad without me having to be one saying so to you, and look at that, I didn't even have to say it now it be me too though, that I'd have to also be just is the one who telling you is telling you right now just that the reason that I would be like the one to know this like I will later too and even if you did tried to ask me though, I say, this that if you didn't just already know yourself or it be wondering if that is you be retarded too that this would like even at all would be then a thing to you something that maybe you possibly would may know too, then I can only say then, the reason that I would be the one to know and as be is like that it's that I'm being right now to you like this so saying just that this all to right now, the reason I want you to know and why that I be the one is would tell then, to you, is because this reason is it's that what I couldn't even be ever just the one to know and be telling you either only if my intentions were just to probably be anyone just that be like wanting is just wanting to tell any of this to you right now if I could be the one to do that it also as well too, I know this reason why it's but because that's just the thing you're unaware of like, someone then like you know, that and you know it too, that like it's that if this wasn't just you right now, I can definitely certainly tell you be telling, then, like this, oh it's not going to be a retard though then if for real I mean seriously this isn't just me just be being who that can is able to really tell you all this too, I mean, just like that just mean if you didn't already know or think you do, or did, and you wanna wonder why that is too, is because whether what I am that I be or that you know or say you think you do about who you do really are saying so just is either that smart or that stupid, I meant to say this then, if you don't, you didn't just know, is you that just is did could have been then like me able to and can possibly also be saying that this is what you'd know just would be then, you would be thinking, this I be that is who speaks this so to you then, it's really simple actually, because then, you'd be just the one then that doesn't know this then, if I had to be the one to be telling you this I mean just for you to know like I would be if you really didn't, you should know this then, I would be the one then to be telling to you, you got me now I hope.

That wasn't all what I was just thinking, I was just thinking I would be saying this for real, I wanted you to be the one to think about this like maybe you would be knowing it too, I know that really you couldn't ever be the one just so seriously would be able to even if you could like you could really be a mentally ill person like that too and like that they would be knowing that this then whether you thought of telling them why they are so different even to smart just people out there too, which could, would you say then since this is for a person like you to think about maybe, the only reason that I do and I say just so what, about me if I do be knowing this myself now too, alright, you had to have had to learned this right here first too though, if you weren't a person the one I telling so too about this like whether you'd be, then, you don't think so but I would be though then just the one now that I could be and that I could be, because I one be really is that I mean it that I would be also the one both to be one that does as a matter of fact know this too and I also be am what be what would also be able if it could be let be allowed, is am able, to be able at least to be to so could be that you think I'd know this too myself just if you ever thought about this telling me this too like I don't seriously know as well, yeah, I could be too, and that's what's so totally literally strange right, if you didn't think so you'd not be knowing and if that is so, then this I couldn't even be just to be is the one capable to you just really actually is be the one just am like this am telling you this whether if you knew or didn't and then I'd have to be the one to tell you just kind of anyways, anyways, believe me now when I say this then as well anyways in kind of be me who saying it too right now, you wanna think about why I mean this right here thing to me is really the only strange thing to me in my mind that I even care to be thinking of why that I must be thinking all this but to so and so to tell be telling that to you it too, and why then maybe if I just had to be then, could it must have to be that it's because you it's you're not one to be knowing this right now too, the answer was is, always, just so simple, it's as this, because if not for you thinking so too, right now, now, then I can be also telling you too this that also I wouldn't be here the be being one telling you this either then if not just for you to simply know too so I just could be the telling of this to you right now though.

I hated it, calling it something like is only what I can know just can't remotely approach with grasping this me that I would telling you just too though also calling it something strange though, it still dont, doesnt, I mean though, give that justice enough too, even if like I knew what it is or could have been, doesn't matter to me, all that I can at all ever call can ever to be calling that thing a thing just like that, is only, strange.

I did, hated, that very much. But, even more so than this though, you wanna know what did really fucking suck is sucking like even now too, no, not that, it's what you're to think about this what about saying about now, it, is that telling other people, doesn't it help, it doesn't help though too actually really, you can never expect anyone else to understand what it be or that was that you be either, you must be knowing this to be one knowing this, I mean, no one is going to say what I have done did here hoping like me that anyone else ever could understand, you can't make is a person a person capable made able to understand this or a thing like that thing too, I've ask myself like this too right now also, there's a reason that you wouldn't be knowing this, but that why you don't ever think so too, but why, because, I've had to ask myself this right now just right now too also, you don't think you'd know for just good reason too just too by the way, but see that just is that very exact reason I'm saying, I'm saying that you'd think you know this or this is what I think myself like you're likely to be thinking too, it's because now I've had to already be the one to me that I had to be the one to ask this too now right now too also, me just telling you alright changes nothing. You had to know, that or I just, just had to be the one me I am just going to be telling anyways saying it to you there anyways then.

I think it's strange, if you really think about it too now, why is it that is its that is that it's just so hard just to be a person and literally be also knowing it too, like you should be probably, anything something in any ways new to you that you're not one knowing you be knowing right now, then again, you're asking me and I'm the one now I tell you I don't know really, so, I mean for fuck sakes then why is it is that it's them those other people else than you or me right now though too, I mean, they think they know what they have to say for themselves, but hey you know what actually no it's more just like this that, that they don't really, you think I know too, the truth though, it's just that all they those people them other people, they think they'd like to be able to possibly know the even meaning just it be of retarded, like that they would know and be like them those one who would really to know this that too it too, they think they do and that thinking and be thinking just that like that too that they'd possibly like to be if and not just for it just be it is be that they've the ones now to learn it if like that I mean that's what they are too even.

Now people get all pissy over something so little like saying that word retarded. They don't even want to know, they hold the intentions of calling you that the very thing that now they think you're trying now to mock too, would you possibly be the one to simply think that's like that is like that or them that they were would have are the ones to know this about smart people and mentally challenged, I don't know that person first tried just even too say this stupid shit, but I'd slap the shit out they face, I say to all that care to hear me, if you really were, we're just to want be the one to really know all this here, then I may be able to say being the one that can able to tell you it too right now too, I do say this that I can say so anyone that wants to know simply this too right now, all you need to do, is, you be the one that can thinks only that you can be understanding me like this right now too then, how do people like that not possibly know this, like this I mean, I mean come on then people everyone, if you don't know why that I be saying this, for you to know right now, or, that if you don't know why that I be doing this is its because I did be the one to think and to think about telling it to everyone though as well, then me having to be just to be me that is like I would be that just that I would be then maybe like also am only is the one that can able like that right now too do that it too, if that other this is ever a think you think letting yourself think that this would ever be me right now just though too, like that's what I mean though, then, yeah I mean then of course technically actually really you won't even ever be the one just that is ever just that one though, that, if could be, that they you'd ever be thinking would ever understand this what I mean right now too, you won't need a reason just to tell them that, if they just don't be, then you're not the one just wanting to be telling them, they think you like being the one to be punched every time you say what new you know that they don't, if this even they can't clearly understand, no explanation is required then, just you try to be the one to that someone else then that is able to ask them like you really like to be then, if, they could understand then also if that what it make them think that is, that is they can, understand about how you like to be the one to tell them this but, but the thing is they can't even understand this when it is you that's only that just the one trying to tell them too, they can understand why they think themselves that like that, when you ask them why they think that's so, they do seriously act just like it is only you that just could possibly ever be wanting to tell them why just why that you would like to tell them you wanting like liking how that it could be you to, it doesn't matter, that's the thing, they say this that they know too, but then in reality probably it's more like this though too the reason they'd think so, it's because they're the ones now like that's what they liked would were would have liked if they all like that could always forever actually really be.

Now, I am like this, since when was it did it just become bad to call things retarded anyways, I already thought it, everyone is a retard to me, I always think so that too, but, that those people now, they like to be those people they think that they be to say, they other people it's them literally is being thinking though that it really just actually thinking and believing believes though that it's also to them like as that to you, they think that it's like that so too, that it's not them and that it's also what only is to them other people saying that though that's why they think so they have to too literally everyone else but those people thinking this too, now they are the ones they are who those that could can turn into real so called bullies just because of this I mean this shit and it's like that even worse that's why they don't even know this is the shit they think, I hated it, I get called retarded just only when I say I am one understanding this, or when, I am only just saying that retards are for real just like normal people too, when I just try so much as be the one now to simply ask why, they respond to me calling me a retard too even just for asking them now too, these fucking retards man, these are those the ones here that will also be thinking this they know and that it the thing right there too, because, it's not them those people will would ever know, be knowing, they couldn't, and that's why they just think that's what they know thinking they really be the ones like to know and learning to learn just this thing right here. Since when was calling stupid people retards ever just a bad thing to the mentally ill, this planet is fucking filled and covered with stupid bitches like these and everyone knows it too, it's all people, they only think they think and because to be knowing thinking that they can could be like that is able to know this but that it really actually be that those the people thinking all this that only they would be knowing too. You don't know to think like that, I did though, because shit, it fucking be like that just a bunch of literally fucking retards trying to pick on other fucking retards while think they know and why they also be also just be wondering too themselves asking oh I wonder why I can't not be fucking retarded and still just be a real person that has and has to even rationalize you're own actions doing. Well, good it saves me this trouble myself, very much so, when I do just to be just to be the to say hey fuck all of you fucking stupid retards to the rest if the other else rest of the world too.

Alright, now I'm done. Tell me what you think of that now, I had to say it to ask, so let me have it, tell me then what you think this.

It's used in simple engines to adjust the ignition timing.

I'm from Mass. That word is used as often in speech as "wicked".

I have a grandson who is disabled. So that word hits home with me. It's not okay to use it when you're speaking about my grandson. And I'm going to let you know about it if you do. Just saying..

I don’t think the question was about the actual use in its original context.
We do not call morons, morons. Even though that is the medical term for them.
However we call drivers who do dumb things that, even though they are not morons... just a normal person doing a dumb thing.

So even though the medical term for your grand son may be retarded or whatever his condition is... no one is going to call him that.

However, when someone says something really dumb, I would want the right to call him retard... with no offence meant to anyone who actually is medically retarded.

We don't use the word regard in my home we say that he/she is 'special'

It's a very insensitive word,But I have used it.

I'd like to know how my friends with retarded family members feel about it. You're never going to offend a retard but you might offend your friend who has a retarded nefew or something.

If communication is the vehicle we use to convey a thought or idea then any word or phrase is acceptable. If it is a hateful or offensive word against an innocent it says more about the offender than the offended. By removing censure we remove any power words have.
I remember swearing on tv was censored and this gave certain words real power and impact. Now the F word, C word and even the mutha fking word have lost any and all the impact they had. By making any word or phrase or freedom of expression taboo it becomes endowed with a power and impact it could never have enjoyed if it had been ignored.

I believe it’s the intent of the words that make the difference. I wanted to get peoples thoughts on the word “fag” or calling a buddy “gay”. These terms, at least in my area, have been on the list of words not to say for a while. I’m interested in why fag and gay went away faster than retarded.

I will continue to use the word, but there are certain situations I never use it. For example, if I know someone I'm talking to has a mentally challenged kid or relative or if I'm talking to a large group of people (because there might be someone who is mentally challenged in the audience and it doesn't sound professional either).

I'm not going to stop using words like that in general though. In some areas at least, it's not used to poke fun at mentally challenged people, but to basically say like you're a moron... if you say "what are you, autistic?" or mock Down Syndrome people specifically, I think you're being cruel though. Then you're making it specific. In my area, it became so common to call people who acted stupid in a situation that or people called politicians they didn't like retards... or maybe joke with their friends like I mentioned my friend Chloe does. Maybe it depends on one's age or the area in which they live.

It is ok to use if you are specifically speaking of an issue of being inhibited (that policy change will retard my progress) but not in reference to a handicapped (or not) person.

It is ok to use if you are specifically speaking of an issue of being inhibited (that policy change will retard my progress) but not in reference to a handicapped (or not) person.

I used to not care about the usage of that word until my son was diagnosed with autism. I know what the meaning is but I also know what it has come to symbolize. I don't care if I hear the word but out of respect for my son, I no longer use it.

Retard is a medical term, and moron used to be too.

@MarcPruitt99 actually the term would be Retarded, kind of like Negro and the "N" word.. they are not the same...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22725
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.