slug.com slug.com

6 7

Happy Independence Day!

What’re you doing today?

I’ll start. Today I’m planting seeds for seedling plants for my fall garden. First time for a significant effort to grow my own plants instead of purchasing them ready to plant. Hope they’ll be ready to transplant by Labor Day when tomatoes and okra are about done for the summer.

Garsco 8 July 4

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My wife and I spent the day at a gathering of Christians friends after we all went to a parade in the small town where they live. There were about twenty of us, and we had a great time. Right now I'm chilling out watching a movie about George Washington.

@Garsco Thankfully, we stay out of the Chicago area these days.

I'm chilling with friends on social media.

Even if the 4th doesn't fall on a Saturday, always enjoyed listening to this song on this day-

How are your tomatoes so far this year?
So far I am having a great year, as though I have magic soil.

@Garsco The weather is certainly good enough for tomatoes, however there are none yet to eat. I tend them with expectations of sweet cherry and beefsteak, maybe starting in two weeks. Yum!

@Garsco, @ScottforKing I enjoy reading exchanges like this 😊

@eschatologyguy Much more down to earth than the nastiness of politics eh.

@ScottforKing We should encourage more people to grow at least some of their food. This "hobby" will be a lifesaver.

@eschatologyguy It's hard enough to encourage people to learn what freedom and liberty are in order
to save their lives!

@ScottforKing The Globalists' Agenda 30 - which is just 8 short years away - have not sunk in for most people. It's either Homestead in the country and grow your own food, or UBI and a cramped, tracked existence (and who knows what else) in crowded cities by 2030.

@eschatologyguy "Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people." Socrates. There are mostly weak minds, especially today.

Have a happy Independence Day Garsco.

Mostly going to relax and watch movies. Got some good patriotic movies on the Movies channel today. As I type this the movie 1776 is on. Have the electric grill handy, cheeseburger on the menu. Had already stopped by a neighbor's, he's a Korean War veteran who is pushing ninety years old. Back in March Andy took a serious fall out in the street in which I had helped his son get him into the car to take to the hospital. He ended up with a fractured hip, and his quality of life is no longer the same. Andy's hanging in there despite some of the things he has been through recently.

Sounds good on your garden, hope it is successful for you.

I bought the original Independence Day movie on YouTube. I've been watching it every July 4th evening ever since.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350331
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.