slug.com slug.com

8 4

Do you think Adams was in the wrong there?

USA Today, other newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ over creator Scott Adams’ racially charged comments-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Feb 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's become part of Democrat culture to bash Republicans, even in social settings where Republicans are present. No one among the Democrats stands up to tell them that they've gone too far. There is no individuality in Democrat culture. It's a mob.

If a Democrat defends a Republican, the Democrat is excommunicated from Democrat society. This makes it legit to stereotype Democrats as a group.

The head of the teacher's union gave a screaming rant about debt forgiveness. Teachers have become radical and they can't be reasoned with. They are aggressive conquistadors. Teachers conquered schools and we need to liberate the schools.

It may come down to self defense.

More surveys about race will be conducted and the matter will escalate.

Even viewing the clip in context of the whole interview and watching the next one he did, I think that his actual message is correct, but the particular way he phrased it is atrocious. The poll in question is being questioned for accuracy. If (that's the main word) the poll is correct, then you ought to get away from people who hate you.

I commented else where on this but lets just leave at Adams is no genius. The Dilbert carton little more than self serving nihilism that those frustrated by the system find amusing.

I think there's a hell of a lot of missing context.

That's what I suspect as well.

I think his overall reaction is wrong, but the premise is right. If a community hates you, stay away from it. Regardless of the community. Or why they hate you. We have all (except those that get all info from the media) seen plenty of violence from that community that is unprovoked and by inference, racist in nature. Plenty in that community are aghast at what is happening to not shun it in it's entirety, but being more on the alert IS called for.

No, Adams is spot on here. To the MSM’s disgrace.

I regret that Adams has apparently become one of his characters.

Skin color is irrelevant. Culture, on the other hand, often is the source of irresolute differences. But making judgments of others and choices on the basis of either is wrong. We can thank the Obamas for leading America there.

Respect of every other person as we desire respect should be what drives all of us. Not because I say so. But because it is Scriptural.

That’s what Adams said.

@GaryWitt He said avoid "black" people. That's not respect of others.

The problem is the culture in this case is based within the black community. Separating the two is, from the outside, not possible.

@tracycoyle Respect for all people means judging neither skin color nor culture.

I have had the privilege of making friends with people whom I would have made enemies before becoming a Christian. So now I know it can and does happen. I would not have known otherwise, and I often wonder how many others also do not know.

Someday I may die at the hands of someone I chose to respect first before finding out otherwise. I would rather lose my life than fail to honor Christ by disrespecting any of God's children without proof - and even then I'll be praying for their redemption.

The US Constitution is based on the same principle.

@TimTuolomne Well, not quite. He said he had two points: treat everyone as an individual (no discrimination) and avoid any groups that don’t respect you.

@GaryWitt No, he was quoted by the Daily Mail: "The best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people." That is a crystal clear statement about skin color and a recommendation on that basis. If he meant to say to treat everyone as an individuaI, he should not have spoken the above quote. I find it disappointing.

@TimTuolomne Oh I will certainly judge cultures - that kill gays, that denigrate women, that kill or abandon babies of the wrong sex, that judge other religions as targets for murder, or who celebrate the indiscriminate murder of anyone that gets in their way. I might give individuals of those cultures the benefit of the doubt, when they are away from it's influence and mob behavior. But the culture? Nope.

This clearly shows the level of racism the Obama regime introduced to the USA where none existed before.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:402304
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.