slug.com slug.com
1 0

Is this group really about end time prophecy or is it specifically for a premillennial dispensational belief?

ruffedge 3 Jan 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So tell us what your expected Eschatological timeline and beliefs are, and how you support these based on scripture.

I'm an amillennial preterist....and yes I do believe that Christ is still to return to usher in the eternal state as 1 Cor :20-28.

I don't view the millenium as a literal 1000 year period but as a period of time between the resurrection the 2nd coming. Likewise, I view Satan as a spiritual being impervious to physical binding and a perpetual fall into a bottomless pit prison. I believe that his spiritual binding & imprisonment prevents him from thwarting the spread of the Gospel to the nations. all rights, Satan owns the world and everything in it including the human race. Adam gave him this power. Mat :29, Mark 3:27, Luke :21-23, John :31.

I guess that this would be considered a start.

@ruffedge Thanks for your candor. In my youth I also used to belong to a denominational church which had an Amillennial and Preterist view. Over several decades of reading God's word, I made discoveries that forced me to change my view.

I know that those who follow the Amillennialist and Preterist view in their Eschatology are invariably taught by their pastors to hold those who hold a different Eschatological viewpoint as heretics. I would, however, like to ask you to consider the Bereans as I refer you to this abridged teaching of the history and destiny of the Church by Dr. Chuck Missler.

Acts 17:10-11
"And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, [Why?] in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. "

"My Body: The Church - Chuck Missler

[youtu.be]"

@eschatologyguy, Thanks for the response. Truth be told most of the churches that I've attended are stealthy premillennialists. I say stealthy because I don't believe that I've attended a church that put any emphasis on eschatology. As for myself, even though I have been accused of heresy, I don't view eschatology as a salvation essential doctrine regardless of which doctrine someone chooses to adhere to.

I was saved in 84 at the age of 25. The church where I came to Christ offered me a bible if I didn't have one of my own. I didn't. The guy that gave it to me admonished me to start out in the Gospel of John or one of the other Gospels. He also recommended I not start out with Revelation. The first thing I did when I got home was to begin reading Revelation.

Not necessarily from the bible, I wound up accepting the premil/pretrib doctrine basically as the default. In the late nineties, I began reading the Left Behind books. From there I felt that something didn't quite mesh with the pre-trib doctrine. This was also about the time that I joined the tech age bought a computer and spent the next 10 years obsessively studying, scriptures, different doctrines and teachings, weighing everything against scripture. Every free minute I had was spent on eschatology.

I think I ran the whole gambit. At some point, I was leaning heavily towards Pre, mid, & post-trib, pre-wrath. From there I fell into amillennialism. By this time I couldn't even entertain postmillennialism.

Anyway, that's how I got to where I am now. Not because of some congregation but of my own obsessive curiosity.

@ruffedge you gave your story but you didn't quite get to the scriptural support of what you currently believe in. Is it the general allegorization (or "spiritualization" as some prefer to call it) of end time prophecy which started with Origen and later adopted by the Gnostic-turned-Catholic Bishop Augustine, also later adopted by Reformation leaders like Luther and Calvin? Or do have specific scriptural passages from which you base your Amillennialist leanings?

@eschatologyguy I didn't lay out my entire doctrine either, but what I did lay out I cited scripture. Even futurists make assumptions on the intended meaning of various passages. Nowhere is that more true than when it comes to the phrase "this generation".

Recent Visitors 3

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators