slug.com slug.com
46 11

Why does the worldwide IQ distribution appear to match racial IQ differences seen in multi-racial countries?

Since the majority of the countries of the world have majority of one racial / ancestral group, racism seems unlikely a primary driver of these differences. This would suggest that racial IQ differences have a biological component. However, one alternative explanation is that the IQ of people living in these countries today is affected by events of 80+ years ago. What do you think?

IQ differences between countries is due to...

• 17 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 121 votes
  • 99 votes
  • 25 votes
Charter 6 Feb 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a multifaceted issue with more than one factor.

@Alysandir

Leftists want to pretend that intelligence is a product of social environment and education.

It is only partly so. In addition, size matters. Brain size matters.

Different races have vastly different brain sizes and vastly different IQs.

IQ correlates strongly with brain size. The data is overwhelming. It's an untouchable sound bite.

Intelligence is biological. Intelligence is racial.

Height is racial. The data is overwhelming.

You will never ever ever ever see the NBA change its rules to increase the number of short people in the league. The NBA is undiverse. Almost everyone is tall. Short people are excluded. It's apartheid. The NBA is guilty of systemic heightism. Bigots.

Leftists are hypocrites. Whenever leftists are at a disadvantage, they demand a handicap. Whenever leftists have the advantage, they refuse to give a handicap.
This is why leftists are assholes. All their demands for equity are hypocritical bull.

Wrestling is civilized. Wrestling has weight classes. The NBA should institute height classes. Small people have been discriminated against throughout history, so small people should get reparations.

In South Park, Kyle tries out for the basketball team and fails. Then he gets a negroplasty and transitions from white to black, from short to tall, and he makes the basketball team.

What do you call a fast man that can't catch? A cornerback.

What do you call a fast man that can't tackle? A wide receiver.

What do you call a fast man that can't tackle or catch? A sprinter.

What do you call a fast man that can tackle and catch? A rugby player.

What do you call a slow man man that can't tackle or catch, but is badass in intangible ways? A rugby player.

A team needs players with diverse skills. Rugby teams tend to be diverse. On a rugby team there is room for people that are big and slow, and for people that are small and fast.

Cancel basketball. Watch rugby.

The standard deviation of the IQ distribution is 15 points. IQ is only useful up to an IQ of 130. Above that, you need a harder test to discriminate intelligence.

For hard tests, the gap between races is even more stark than IQ suggests.

Physics   U.S. Math    Putnam math  Science   Science talent    Siemens
         Olympiad  Olympiad    winners    Olympiad  search finalists  Competition
         winners   team                           winners

Asian      81         72         50          50          64             61
White      19         28         50          50          36             39
Other      <1         <1         <1           0           0              0

The demographics of Caltech, in %, are:
Asian 44
White 28
Hispanic 6
Black 1
International 9

I doubt the accuracy of the map. Are we really going to suggest that North Korea has an average IQ of 5 when most of the population there wouldn't be accessible to any researcher? How many people were tested in each country? What is the margin of error?

Well I guess that it is mixed between biological and cultural. Talent without an proper environment is a bad as no talent at all. There are functional cultures, based on critical thinks and science, which has created higher level standards of quality of life for their citizens, and there are functional cultures, based on tradition that has been remarkably bad in doing that, even though their IQ is higher, such as China. And there are societies that simply seem to have non functional cultures.

The differences in iq persist in spite of using "culture fair" tests.

Since "intelligence" is a learned skill, it seems like it could pretty simply be explained; China and Japan have the most pressure to succeed academically, and countries where the government keeps everyone poor can't afford good education.

Something else...”IQ” tests are often culturally aligned, and overwhelmingly to modern Western culture. Therefore, what they test is not purely intellectual capacity, rather, intelligence as defined within a Western Cultural framework.

Here’s a thought... who wrote, developed, designed the tests? Could be the cause of that “cultural” category.

Oldvet Level 5 Mar 22, 2021

Isn't odd that no one ever asks why some races were conquerors while others were conquered?
And no, it's not because the latter were just "nice people"!

tlio Level 4 Mar 18, 2021

IQ tests were invented by Jews to proliferate the myth that Jews are superior intellectually.

IQ tests are biased and measure "cultural intelligence" rather than basic mental abilities.

The above are two facts that people need to understand

I think it is because the IQ test is measuring a very limited band of intelligence which has been adopted by western societies and our allegiance to the system and being a part of it. Where societies are free from this system other wisdom and intelligence takes a natural place within it.

Russty Level 4 Feb 24, 2021

Something else = National cultural norms that form the basis of the IQ tests.

Coincidentally that map also corresponds to penis size.
The larger the IQ, the smaller the penis.

How would you know? What is the basis for your statement?

Penis size has little to do with IQ. It is determined by genetics. IQ is determined genetically as well but it is heavily influenced by culture.

@BubbaLouie Jesus, keep ya fucking skirt on, Karen.

@AdrianRainbow wow, you go!

It is poverty and war and famine - it could be race only if the tests are set up for a average western brain

The africans copied something , they saw at first Time at the whites. And the whites maybe even dir this before there were successfull (!!!) Slave Revolte in their colonies, within the "new world" and they did this nearly 1ü0% surely after those happened, i don't know a "source"; but at first this is something more shame projecting, then a brave Action, that would be documented and we living in the age of lies and Propaganda, Sources become more and more useless.

But what do you need for a successfull social revolution or movement ? (PS the Feds knew that and it is the reason, why martin Luther King and Malcolm X had to die) It is a leader and every exseptionally intelligent Person is a Potential leader and therefore , even if every Life was a value (about 1k för a man 2k för a woman, cause if you have Time + A woman you can soon have more, if you want. Today you could by a slave för only 10% of that price... ) but to crush a Revolution at the colonies, you need weapom + men + ships and cause europe was compared with the colonies a sense populated clusterfuck, chances are Not low you will never hear again from your Army
Easiest solution , just shoot every intelligent Nigger as soon as recognised. Over centuries the average IQ went down (in the US where blacks always were a minority Not very important. But at africa, were the "Golden age" of the Western great Kingdom had endend, VERY important. Empörtes Not "die", they slowly decay and centuries of civilwars and tribalisation, just look at us this Moment, there is no possible exitstrategie, whatever we deciding to do and if it would be nothing were fucked. And Cancel culture is VERY similar to shouting, too intelligent subversive individuals. For me all this is VERY cruel political incorrect, but a very good, easy and logical explanation. That it is deleted from Wiki, weil...we are in decay...

"Easiest solution , just shoot every intelligent Nigger as soon as recognised."

This is NOT a true statement. Blacks who were determined to have higher intellectual capacities were highly-priced slaves, put in charge of more detailed work. Education was withheld from the slaves to keep them from rising up, not because they were incapable of learning.

This was not always the case, however the larger plantations had very skilled black labour in construction and specialty jobs like blacksmithing, harness-makers, metallurgists, and smiths in several trades. It was normally the lower ability slaves that were used as general labour. Slavery was not built on hatred of the blacks. It was built on the basis of BUSINESS and PROFITS

Because of genetic differences

As I stated before no role for genetics is absurd. Does that mean the the chart in question accurately reflects differences in national intelligence? Of course not.

Do IQ test measure "intelligence"? Who cares that is not their purpose.

Should IQ test be the only guide for career counselling? No

Have most environmental interventions failed to increase aptitude for intellectual jobs? Yes

Why are "IQ" tests acceptable for disqualification to serve in the U.S. military but are not legal for use in job placement anywhere else? Politics

Is extremely high IQ associated with certain undesirable social traits? Yes

Are 20 percent of the population either intellectually or emotionally unable to care for themselves in a complex society without counselling? Yes

Will the problem of social economic division due to differences in intelligence continue to increase? Yes

Have any of you that think the problem is primarily a fault of the educational system tried to help people with low IQ? I doubt it but I have.

The problem I see here is that if you are on this forum most of you probably have an IQ above 120. You probably also have little contact or relationships with people of normal intelligence in an environment that requires intellectual ability. It is cruel and unreasonable to adopt the attitude that if people only had the right education and social environment they could move up the social economic ladder into professional jobs. That does not mean that normal people are stupid. In fact the common sense of the deplorables and the failures of the coastal elites point to the opposite. You can't erase your complicity in how many people are being left behind by throwing money at education and other social programs that have already failed. Segregation by social economic class is at the heart of the problem. People that live together are forced to find solutions.

China doesn’t think much of Africa?
IQ test are measured by cultural values. Going into a under “educated” country reports what you expect, but IQ is a gage of adaptive intelligence, of which I’d think racial lines appear from context of relative culture.

How come highly intelligent people are less social? Yet social skills are not represented by IQ test, but the happiest people have high social skills, and society benefits from health, not just processing information. So why are we wasting time talking like you got to be IQ’d to make positive impact. High IQ could be as misused as bad manners

Cultural differences.

How many times have you encountered the trope of the Asian father being angry at his child for only accomplishing an A instead of an A+? It's more than just a stereotype.

For example, in Okinawa - and I suspect much of Japan - the company who hires you is a function of what university you went to and how you placed. And the university you go to is a function of what high school you went to and how you placed. And what high school you go to is a function of what secondary school you went to...and so on and so on, all the way down to elementary school. If the parents can afford it, their children actually attend a SECOND set of classes a day - called "cram school" - to help them prepare even as early as elementary school, because even early academic success plays a HUGE role in the opportunities available to them in the future. It's not uncommon to see gaggles of kids in school uniforms heading home around 9pm, that's how much of their day they spend in school.

And in India and China? Look at the their sheer populations and tell me that "good enough" is enough to differentiate a student as exceptional.

Or if you would indulge me, let me give you a personal example: when I was in the 7th grade, I was taking unified math, which is essentially basic arithmetic. Why? Because that's what the school system I was in said was normal for 7th graders. The progression - had I stayed there - was that I would take algebra as a senior. But my mother wasn't having that. She moved us to a county with much better schools, I was placement tested, and put right into algebra in the 8th grade, eventually taking AP Calculus in my senior year.

The difference in counties? The first one was largely populated by urban black neighborhoods, the second one by suburban white neighborhoods. So I got very lucky; how many gifted minds stayed in that first county, never knowing they were capable of so much more, because educators decided that this was what they were going to make available?

There is no such thing as stupid children, just bad teachers.

Touchy topic.

I think there is probably a geographical component, that goes back tens of thousands of years. Living in warmer climates, there would be less need for creating shelter from the weather. There might also have been more abundant natural, year round, food sources.

That cannot be said for early humans that moved north/south to colder, less hospitable climates. They would have been forced into ingenuity. The brain development would follow.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 502

Photos 19 More

Posted by Charter Does a country's wealth come from its energy use?

Posted by Charter Why does the worldwide IQ distribution appear to match racial IQ differences seen in multi-racial countries?

Posted by Charter Why do children raised in same-sex households appear to have worse life outcomes?

Posted by Charter Is it fair that actresses are younger and have shorter careers than actors?

Posted by Charter Why are asylum seekers in EU overwhelmingly (military-aged) men? If asylum seekers were fleeing for persecution reasons, does it make sense that most are young men? Source: [ec.europa.eu]

Posted by Charter Why do young women consider unwanted comments about their appearance as sexual harassment compared to older women?

Posted by Charter Are women aware of the risks of postponing having children?

Posted by Charter Is this proof that income inequality doesn't appear to be cause of white-black SAT/IQ gap?

Posted by Charter Is a multi-cultural society a good thing?

Posted by Charter Why hasn't anti-Muslim sentiment gone down after the spike due to 9/11? Source: FBI Crime Statistics [fbi.gov]

Posted by Charter Why does the average IQ of a country appears to decrease as religiosity increases?

Posted by Charter Northern states tend to have more "social capital". How's yours?

Posted by Charter Most federal revenue comes from income and payroll tax. Is that optimal? Soure: [pgpf.org]

Posted by Charter On a percentage basis, it is much more likely to be killed by a Muslim "terrorist" in the US than a Right-Wing "extremist". Does it feel that way?

Posted by Charter Why do Blacks have a much higher risk of being murdered by other Blacks than they do from Whites? Post suggested by @AdrianRainbow

Posted by Charter What can be implied from the fact that African-American homicide rate mirrors African nations while European-American homicide rate is comparable to European nations? Post suggested by @ZuzecaSape

• Top tags#video #children #USA #population #world #vote #desperate #culture #immigrants #muslims #god #ElonMusk #youtube #death #wealth #racism #Canada #gender #truth #Harassment #TheTruth #college #marriage #IncomeInequality #inequality #Asian #policy #immigration #crimes #crime #philosophy #religiosity #intelligence #bowling #Mexico #Socialcapital #government #taxes #terrorists #RightWing #friends #mother #wife #justice #Christian #faith #kids #fear #whites #JordanPeterson ...

Members 48,193Top