slug.com slug.com
47 6

Which slogans, if any, would you suggest NBA players wear in the coming season?

The National Basketball Association decided recently to allow players, who average $7.7M per season, to replace their name on the back of their jerseys with one of 29 approved slogans.

The reported list of approved social messages includes Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can’t Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

Have ideas for other social messages for them to wear?

Basketball players' political views should...

• 29 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 8 votes
Admin 8 July 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sportsball is a waste of time and money, especially since it’s become just another pusher of marxism.. no need to support that garbage. If you haven’t done so already, cut the cord. Come on, it’s not like telling your boss to fuck off, it’s leisure. Just do....something else.

Black Lives Matter a.k.a. KKK with a tan

Stick to what they are hired to do, keep out of politics and social causes. They are no smarter than anyone else, all they have is a soapbox.

hostage Level 6 Aug 25, 2020

How about "play ball" and keep their opinions to themselves!!!
They are not getting paid the big bucks for their opinions!!!!!1

Serg97 Level 8 July 24, 2020

The CCP is co-opting our sports, news, and entertainment to sow a cultural revolution. Anyone caught selling our republic to a foreign power needs to hang.

"400 Years of Slavery"

sqeptiq Level 10 July 22, 2020

What about the slavery still going on in the middle east? It has never stopped.

The US, by the most liberal calculations had 88 years of slavery.

@GeeMac Afro-Americans love their 400 years of slavery—don't take it away from them!

Stop Farm Attacks.

Facci Level 7 July 22, 2020

Free Hong Kong
United We Rise
United We Stand

I don't believe in censorship. What they are clearly censoring with this "approved list" is a huge amount of slogans that they have deemed "wrong think". I've seen the drive to push ideology in entertainment, sports, education, MSM, and literally every aspect of our lives.

People should be free to express their opinions, but that's a two way street. The same individuals and groups advocating their right for free speech are censoring and demonizing anyone with opposing views.

Just as they are free to paint a giant BLM sign across the world, others should be free to paint MAGA or JESUS or anything else. But, it doesn't work that way. Which is why I feel either all slogans are ok or none are. Since this leads to more controversy than any true progress, I feel it has no buisness in our sports and entertainment. I don't believe in censorship at a government level, but don't understand the thinking at the corporate level.

Sports and entertainment have struggled so hard over the decades to become all inclusive. Afterall, it's about the athletes and art, not a direct reflection of your political or personal values and beliefs. The values of individualism are now being replaced with group think which is the very thing the sports and entertainment industries had to fight to get to the place we are now.

Who. Effing. Cares..

What matters is Life!

Censorship shouldn't be the question. This is about league policies that govern proper player attire. All pro sports leagues have strict rules. We can point the finger at individual played for what they choose, but blame the league for allowing it.

I have always been, and will always be opposed to all forms of censorship, regardless of which side it comes from without exception.

Me Also

David Dorn

FREE Charlie Brown

What Up Dog....oppps, forgot dat not cool nomore....

I'm not a role model

Show Muscle

Zulu Warrior

I'm an X Gang Member

Up your's whitey!

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 138

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #culture #evidence #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top